Honda VTX Forum banner

LED Light Bar

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sheepdog_AU 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Steelo has to avoid kangeroos and other strange animals down under.
Everything has a current draw, this one shows 4.9 amps @ 13.6 volts.
That is about one 55 watt halogen bulb.
About the same as Honda or Cobra lightbars with two 25 watt halogen bulbs.

If you can select spot and/or wide would be very nice.
A spot at 6 ° is tight.
If the spot did not have much scatter it could be used as a headlight.
Depending on rules and regs in AU on the roads.

4 Flood + 16 Spot + 4 Flood reflector distribution forms a remarkable beam that pushes the wide beam out at 50° and spot beam at 5.8° all the way to staggering 1 lux @ 409m

#5 ·
As another option, look at the "Quake" brand, and specifically the 'Rogue' series. I bought a pr. of their twin light units and mounted halfway on my engine guards with Kuryakyn adjustable P clamps. The lights themselves are (each) 2- 10W Cree 15* . Plenty bright, without blinding oncoming, as I have them aimed at about 50-100' in front of the bike. Wired with an in line fuse, and off my fuse block mod, via a Kury handlebar push on/ off switch. I've ridden for hours with them on, and no problems with the battery or starter.

#7 ·
i have a 14" LED lightbar under my headlight ,as i live semi rural in Brisbane with a lot of roos around and the joys of being an afternoon shift worker. i have it wired to hi beam with a 6500kl LED headlight .Been running this for 5 years without an issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.