Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,
I finally got around to converting my OEM lighting to LED's and wow what a difference. I have the stock headlamp, the COBRA lightbar and I just installed 2 fog lights on my highway bars. With 5 lights up front, it really brightens up the road ahead, especially when riding on the back roads at night.

I have a 2004 VTX1300S, here is a list of the bulbs I am now using;
Headlight - H4 Hi/Lo Dual Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit (they only sell these in a pack of 2, I guess you just have a spare).
COBRA spot lamps - PathfinderLED Hi-Powered H3 LED Bulb - H3C50W
Headlamp external auxiliary lamps - https://www.amazon.com/SHOWCOOL-Mot...unting+Driving+Headlamp&qid=1617877727&sr=8-1

The the top 3 headlamp bulbs themselves are plug-n-play however where and how you run your wiring will take just a bit of thought and work - nothing really difficult though.
As I mentioned before, the "SHOWCOOL" brand spotlights were easily installed on my highway bars. They come with mounting hardware and just clamp to the bars where ever you want them. The wiring has an in-line fuse for surge protection as well.

That's it.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Greetings everyone,
I finally got around to converting my OEM lighting to LED's and wow what a difference. I have the stock headlamp, the COBRA lightbar and I just installed 2 fog lights on my highway bars. With 5 lights up front, it really brightens up the road ahead, especially when riding on the back roads at night.

I have a 2004 VTX1300S, here is a list of the bulbs I am now using;
Headlight - H4 Hi/Lo Dual Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit (they only sell these in a pack of 2, I guess you just have a spare).
COBRA spot lamps - PathfinderLED Hi-Powered H3 LED Bulb - H3C50W
Headlamp external auxiliary lamps - https://www.amazon.com/SHOWCOOL-Motorcycle-Headlight-Spotlight-Auxiliary/dp/B07S512DKW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Motorcycle+LED+Dirt+Bike+Headlight,+DRL+Spotlight+22W+3200Lm+Super+Bright+White+Moto+Fog+Headlamp+External+Auxiliary+Lamp+for+Scooter+E-bike+Truck+ATV+UTV+SUV+Motorbike+Hunting+Driving+Headlamp&qid=1617877727&sr=8-1

The the top 3 headlamp bulbs themselves are plug-n-play however where and how you run your wiring will take just a bit of thought and work - nothing really difficult though.
As I mentioned before, the "SHOWCOOL" brand spotlights were easily installed on my highway bars. They come with mounting hardware and just clamp to the bars where ever you want them. The wiring has an in-line fuse for surge protection as well.

That's it.
As 'they' say, PIX, or it didn't happen! JK. I'm a proponent of the more light the better. Not only helps you see better under poorer conditions, but helps others to see YOU better. If you ever decide to get an upgrade from your H4's, and have an extra $160 (think covid stimulus) I'd advocate for the VTX_Daymaker. If you check out his website, you can get several options and brightness levels. I chose his B model, @ 2200 lumens lo beam, and 4K high, with a DRL (daytime running light) around the outer edge. And you can choose either a fixed or adjustable mounting bracket. There are brighter lights available, but I don't ride all that much at night, and with my total of 40 watts of Cree road lights, I can light it up pretty good, and my road lights are mounted halfway up my Paladin engine guards, giving oncoming traffic that TRIANGULAR light effect.

Reactions: DrDolittle
1 - 2 of 2 Posts