Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so who's leaving Fri. morn that I can hook up with for the ride up?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
hey steve

i am leaving friday about 9am from Hollywood. taking 27 straight up.

there are 4 (confirmed) bikes and a trailer/RV. we are staying in wildwood which is about 10 miles north-west of leesburg. i don't know where eustis (kevin's) is in conjunction to that but i do know that wildwood is very close to US27, the turnpike and 301(304?).

i have not mapped the route to the extent of stops yet (doing tonite), but you are more than welcome to ride with us.

give me a call if you wish 954-547-6211

·
Registered
46 Posts
Steve, Whats up man 8) Listen my buddy just came back from Disney Fri. and says the turnpike from North Palm to Orlando is all construction! Lots of uneven pavement /graded road etc. May not be the best way to go. SO....we had a meeting of the minds last night :? (can still smell smoke) and we came up with US 27. We've done this route in the past and it's not bad. 2 VTX's riding from Coral Springs are taking 441 north and meeting up with me in Royal Palm around 8am ( Royal Palm and Okee at Publix) then we will ride out SR80 Southern to bellglade/SouthBay US 27 to meet up with 4 more there by 9am.

Also for ANYONE else there is a small Gas station/store on the right hand side of US 27 at the intersection of US27 and 80 in Southbay all meeting up there by 9am.

Now we are all staying in Bushnell off of 75. so our route will be US27 north to Hwy60 then west to 75. North on 75 to Bushnell.

Steve with you in mind we thought we could meet you at Hwy 70 and US27? It looks like if you took Hwy 706 out of Jupiter west you would head north on Hwy 710 (beeline) to Hwy 70 just north of the lake. West on 70 to US 27.

Not sure where you guys are staying but 75,27,Turnpike etc all end up around or close to Leesburg Wildwood area. If you think this might sound like a plan for you let me know your more than welcome to join up with us. :D

Signal-20 aka "Jim"

PS: ALSO!! Anyone thinking of doing the Ocala Forest Ride Sat. Morning? Might be an idea of getting some VTX's together? Still plan on being at The Rat's Hole Sat around 3pm at the booth for a VTX riders meet.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim,

I've also done route 27 to get up north, I was really hoping to go the pike as it will save alot of time, but if it's that bad than I need to re-think my options.

We are staying at a client's house of my wifes, he rides a Honda also and invited us to stay in his guest house. I believe he lives just south of Leesburg right off of 27 on Lake Harris.

I also would love to do the forest run on Sat. morn, alot depends on Friday night at Kevins. Are you planning on attending the bonfire/bbq at his house in Eustis?

I think we need to exchange cell phone #'s- mine is 358.9489. What time do you think you will make it up to 70 & 27? Do you know whats on that corner, so that we have a spot to meet?

Also Dpearly and her gang will be taking 27, perhaps we can all schedule hooking up.

Steve

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'm not sure about the intel on the TP. The only construction I found on it was from Stuart south. nothing north of the Jupiter onramp were Batman and I got on on saturday. 2 weeks ago I road to Kissimee and there was not work.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

So than when are you planning on leaving, and how you plan on going?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Steve, Yeah I know what you mean about not taking the turnpike. That graded road stuff gets me a little nervous at 70mph. :shock: Like riding over a draw bridge but faster. Sooo.... looks like us27. Friday night we'll be at the Ms. Leesburg thing at 8pm :D . As far as times I just looked at the Streets&trips and its says 65miles from southbay to us27& Hwy70. Now doing the math in my head :? :? :? smoke! 10:15am 10:20am somewhere in there? Nothing gets started up there until 12pm really. Check-in at the rooms is "3pm" but you know how that goes you can always slide in earlier. 2 fuel stops 15 minutes give or take looking at getting in around 1:30 1:45pm so not that bad a route. 27&70 could be a fuel stop for us we'll need to fuel up some where in there. Has to be a station on the corner there, :? you would think? I got your number, Whats a good time to call you tomorrow? I have to go into work tonight then I'm off till next Friday!!! whoo -hoo. But we'll talk. I'm sure between all of us we can figure this out? Maybe?..... right?.... huh? :D Later.......

Signal-20 aka "Jim"

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim,

You can call me anytime,7am- 9pm, sort of always on call though. I was on the website for the turnpike and all they say is one lane southbound is closed for regrading.

Still not sure what I'm going to do, since you are gonna head west on 60 to 75, that really only leaves us about 35 miles riding together. I might chance to turnpike and meet up with you Sat. at the rat hole. Call me when you get a chance so we can pin it down.

Grats,
Steve

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturday am= ride through the Ocala National Forest

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife's clients will be coming down from Leesburg via the turnpike on Wed. and she is gonna check with them on the road conditions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dpearly,

The Ocala forrest run is put on by ABATE of Florida. It is a Poker-Run on sat from 9am-12pm. Did it last year and the only problem is you ride with hundreds of other bikes. That could be either good or bad. I really didn't care for it. BUT it is a MUST RIDE. This year the group I'm going up with talked about just meeting up for breakfast Sat. and just doing the ride on our own. What do you think? Everyone will be up late on friday after a good ride up so why not sleep in a little meet for breakfast at 9am or so and do a VTX ride through Ocala? Just an Idea if anyone is interested?

Also if anyone can keep us posted re: The Turnpike North. I think my buddy might have seen the construction southbound and just assumed it was both sides........................

Signal-20 aka "Jim"

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Turnpike

I just got off the phone with a turnpike public assistance person. His reply was that there are certain small sections in Oscola and Lee counties that are undergoing resurfacing projects.

He also stressed that it was only one lane at a time and traffic moves quickly, and that they do a great job of keeping the open lanes free of loose debris. All the open lanes are smooth and graded. Me thinks it's worth a shot- feedback welcome.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
sig

that sounds much better than the poker run. too many bikes, makes for too much shifting.

let me know where you all are meeting (exactly) and i will see what my little group wants to do.

we are staying in wildwood right off of SR 44.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dpearly,

We always took 301 North to 44 last year riding into Leesburg so if you guys are staying right there maybe you could scout the area around your Hotel friday as you ride in, Denny's etc. we could all just meet there. We are staying in Bushnell which is south and would be riding North right by your hotel. Also I think you posted something before about taking 27 up friday? You still heading up that way? Maybe our groups could meet on the way up to Leesburg? We are "As of right now" planning on all meeting up in Southbay US27/SR80 gas station on the right hand corner(facing north) just before the intersection of 27 and 80 at 9am Friday morning. We will have a SUV w/trailer following also just in case.... well as I posted before we have a Harley guy riding up with us and he tends to get nervous after 15miles LMAO :D :D :D :D we love to rag him. Plus don't you get a coupon for 30% off a trailer when you buy a Harley? JUST KIDDING all you Harley readers. Let me have some PRIDE in my X. 8)

Signal-20 aka "Getting excited about Leesburg :p "- Jim

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
hey jim

some of my group is leaving ft lauderdale at 9am and the rest is coming up at 3pm. all of you will be a good hour ahead of us.....but

there is a denny's at 868 SR 44 which looks like it is right off of 301.

we can meet there sat. morn. i don't know how many of my group is going, but i will be there.

here is my cell 954-547-6211 let me know if anything changes

D

·
Registered
780 Posts
dp early and signal 20

dpearly said:
sig
that sounds much better than the poker run. too many bikes, makes for too much shifting.
dpearly said:
Excuse me if you all have a ride route selected instead of the Forest Run but I am emailing you and signal 20 an 83mile loop out of Leesburg, up Emeralda Island Road, SE 182nd Ave, 40, 314A, 464 down to Gator Joes, a very good biker friendly restaurant right over the water, then back.

83 miles of curves, overhanging trees, a very good ride. I'm emailing you a jpeg map you can blow up if you like.

I'll be on it that day heading down to Leesburg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dpearly,

Got your number programmed in my phone. here's mine (561) 512-1249 cell. I'll call you thursday? if thats ok? Maybe we can hook something up.

Pegs, Thanks for the info I'll take a look at it. Any ride info from a fellow rider is more than welcome................

Signal-20 aka " Jim"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts