Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 1300R and my left shoulder starts to hurt after about 20-30 min. of riding and after awhile my hand goes numb. Any suggestions on what I can do / get? To help out with this problem so I can ride comfortably and enjoy longer rides. Thanks Macdaddy3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
macdaddy3 said:
I have an 06 1300R and my left shoulder starts to hurt after about 20-30 min. of riding and after awhile my hand goes numb. Any suggestions on what I can do / get? To help out with this problem so I can ride comfortably and enjoy longer rides. Thanks Macdaddy3
Try taking your wallet out of your back pocket if it's there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my wallet is on the other side. thanks though. But I will keep that in mind if my right shoulder hurts. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
macdaddy3 said:
my wallet is on the other side. thanks though. But I will keep that in mind if my right shoulder hurts. lol
Do you have risers?
If not, they may help.
If you do, you might try adjusting your bars. Sometimes a small change in position can make a big difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
go see a doctor....sounds like a heart attack ! ..............sorry, had to....couldn't help myself
 

·
Old Goat
Joined
·
26,260 Posts
As mentioned get you some risers, check your riding posture,grip and put your wallet in a fork bag or saddlebags regardless of what pocket. I had a similar problem am still working on it some of it may just be my age (Im 59). I hadnt been on a bike for quite awhile and was dissappointed in the ergonomics of these bikes. The stock seat for me was like riding a cinder block. Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
as said, could be your posture affectin your circulation. Check with Devil Dog next time you're around and see if sittin on his bike (he's changed out his risers) feels anymore comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't anything except for ISO grips. How do I find out what size of riser's I would need? And I'll through my wallet in my bags. And I have seriously thought about going to the Doc just because, (just trying to avoid the Doc though) and no heart attack yet just a couple of puckers factors while rideing. Mac

(gotta love a smart as$. lol)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,834 Posts
My right shoulder was bothering me when I rode, got some risers and that helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Sry to say but it really sounds like a pinched nerve I had lt shoulder pain and the hand goes numb I had it operated on and it helped some still pain but not numb now .You really should see a doc and have a MRI to see if it is a nerve or a disc that has gone bad . I did get the 4" risers and a mustang seat with back rest it really helps on long runs Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
shoulder hurts and hand goes numb......could be carpal tunnel syndrome....some people get both symptoms......I started riding last year and had numbness much of the time......I notice that this year I am more relaxed and do not have a death grip on the handlebars and have cured my numbness.......I did add 4" risers and am aware of what is in my pockets, and change my position often.....on the other hand, if you get numbness and shoulder pain at any other times, I would suggest that you see a physician to make sure that there is nothing otherwise wrong!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm going to look into getting some riser's. And I guess I will have to go to the Doc. I'm not a real big fan of they saying "you need surgery" though. But I will try the riser's first. Thanks mac

But I do have one ?. What does the 4" riser's do other than rase the bars up 4"? Sorry for the dumb ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
What they all said - risers. Made all the diff for me - noticed it immediately how much more comfortable the riding position was.

You can buy them in a lot of configs - up, back etc. Try to find a few different versions on friends or riding group members & see what feels the best for you b4 you buy.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,834 Posts
macdaddy3 said:
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm going to look into getting some riser's. And I guess I will have to go to the Doc. I'm not a real big fan of they saying "you need surgery" though. But I will try the riser's first. Thanks mac

But I do have one ?. What does the 4" riser's do other than rase the bars up 4"? Sorry for the dumb ?
I got the 1800c risers. It raised the handle bars and brought them closer to me. Since I am only about 5'1 I have short arms. The risers brought the handle bars closer and I don't feel like I am reaching all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
check out this guy on the 1300 Sale board - last posting this morning with a set of riders for sale $70.

Jeeves VTX parts available- Prices Lowered
 

·
Seat Dr
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
Like allot mentioned, you need pull back risers. Reaching for the bars will cause sholder pain and upper back pain between your sholder blades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
epiphysis said:
shoulder hurts and hand goes numb......could be carpal tunnel syndrome....some people get both symptoms......I started riding last year and had numbness much of the time......I notice that this year I am more relaxed and do not have a death grip on the handlebars and have cured my numbness.......I did add 4" risers and am aware of what is in my pockets, and change my position often.....on the other hand, if you get numbness and shoulder pain at any other times, I would suggest that you see a physician to make sure that there is nothing otherwise wrong!!
I totally Agree with this post. symptoms sound very much like CTS..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
i cant tell you what the prob. is but send me the bike for a few months an let me see if it hurt mt sholder. then i can give my guess at how to fix it.lol
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top