Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reciently ordered the license plate double flag mounts for my 1300S from Glen's VTX Garage and they look great installed. Does anyone have experience on how well they do at Highway speeds? I noticed a warning about high speeds but don't know if they are practicing the "CYA" method on this one

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post some photos tomorrow. I think they look really good. Kind of rake out the rear end giving the bike a longer look.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dble flag mount install from Glens VTX Garage

Please pay no attention to the dirt on the bike lol

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou, I couldn't remember which one went where. I"ll correct it right away. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
What size flags are you running? The ad says 11" X 14" flags are recommended, but the Patriot Guard Flag only comes in 12"x15" . I assume it will fit since it has a 20" mast. I see a lot of Patriot Guard Riders on here, now I know I bought the right bike, so far a great community of VTX owners.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are rubber gromets that can be adjusted down the entire length of the pole. I purchased my flags from the listed link which are 11X14. I trimmed the poles down by 3 inches each to help with the instability of the plastic poles.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
What size flags are you running? The ad says 11" X 14" flags are recommended, but the Patriot Guard Flag only comes in 12"x15" . I assume it will fit since it has a 20" mast. I see a lot of Patriot Guard Riders on here, now I know I bought the right bike, so far a great community of VTX owners.
I have run the 12"x15" PGR flags on my dual flag mount for 2 years now with no trouble.

Enjoy your ride.
Glen

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine do flap around at highway speeds but i see someone suggested shortening the staffs so I'm gonna do that. I usually don't display them except on PGR missions. Not out of disrespect but don't want to wear them out (stingy).:oops:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Glenn, I look forward to the flag mounts and others I just purchased. I like the idea of shortening the masts, have to see how they sit with the F rear fender. I only plan on running flags during the Memorial Day run and PGR missions, also what I got the 4 way flashers for.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks Glenn, I look forward to the flag mounts and others I just purchased. I like the idea of shortening the masts, have to see how they sit with the F rear fender. I only plan on running flags during the Memorial Day run and PGR missions, also what I got the 4 way flashers for.
You should have your flag mount on Wednesday.

Enjoy your ride.
Glen

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've gone well over the posted highway speed for extended periods of time, and the flags and mounts are still strong. very well built.:thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just went from Cincinnati down to Deals Gap with the flags flying and they did great. I went with a bunch of motorcops so we deffinately tested the speeds and the flags looked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glen's Flag Mounts

:agree:I've been running mine now for about 2 years. 150 miles one way at speeds over 70. Run various flags. One of the best purchases I've made. Thanks Glen for a GREAT Product. Love seeing all the ""PGR"". Ride Safe My Brothers and Sisters.

JR
aka OldSalt

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
flags

Anyone try straightening them out a bit so they do not lay back so much? I know it's personal preference but I think they would look much better if the stodd straight up a bit more.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts