Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
It did for me, but as always YMMV. It really depends on why you need one and how much you do. Between my son and I the lift gets used a lot. Almost all of what we do could be done on your stand, yet it's nice having everything right in front of you. With the lift I get a workspace as well to put fasteners and tools to keep them right at hand. It may not be worth it for everyone, but I don't regret it for a second.
There it is. Exactly the answer I was looking for, what I didn't think of...

I think either setup is nice, I just wish my garage ceiling was high enough that I could actually stand up and work, if that was the case I would probably look into a table stand like you have.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
There it is. Exactly the answer I was looking for, what I didn't think of...

I think either setup is nice, I just wish my garage ceiling was high enough that I could actually stand up and work, if that was the case I would probably look into a table stand like you have.
Knee pads.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Do these tables really have a huge advantage over the rolling stand I posted (redline stand)? To offset the price? I guess that can be raised high enough that you can stand when working? With my setup, I use a rolling shop chair.
I agree with others. Good working height is a big plus but I'd prefer the working space/bench as an added bonus while standing on my feet to get my azz off the li'l rolling chair for a change.
A lift table is not a necessity but sure would make things easier on my back. (just my own personal preference and opinion)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I contacted my friend and asked what brand side lift he had. He sold his bike and the stand quite a few years ago. He had bought it around 2001 and the price is a little cheaper now than what he had paid back then.
I helped put on a set of custom exhaust with the bike on this stand and it worked out perfect. Very high quality.
I think the arms fold up for storage.

Here is a link to them. Not cheap but rock solid.

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
238 Posts
I have the red scissor lift type but no stand yet. That redline is half the price of a Let's Roll. I might have to look into that one. I would have gotten a table if it weren't for the fact storage would be a bear. I like the stand for 2 reasons: I can roll it around the garage if i need more room on one side then the other side, and the bike is high enough I can get an oil pan under it.

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
238 Posts
I contacted my friend and asked what brand side lift he had. He sold his bike and the stand quite a few years ago. He had bought it around 2001 and the price is a little cheaper now than what he had paid back then.
I helped put on a set of custom exhaust with the bike on this stand and it worked out perfect. Very high quality.
I think the arms fold up for storage.

Here is a link to them. Not cheap but rock solid.
Looked at those, too, but if you're working low on both sides of the bike, doesn't it make one side inaccessible?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Here is a video of it in action and the second link is just "MAYBE" another option to lift your bike but I am not going to get rid of my lifts and use that method in the second link.

And then there is this............................. NOT 🙃

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here is a video of it in action and the second link is just "MAYBE" another option to lift your bike but I am not going to get rid of my lifts and use that method in the second link.

And then there is this............................. NOT 🙃
I'm not doing what Alf did with mine!

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,300 Posts
I have two Harbor Freight lifts. They aren't wide enough for me to comfortably ride the bikes on them, so I build extensions for my feet. I have lifted: 1500 Gold Wing, 1800 Gold Wing, 1800F VTX, 1800S VXT, 1600 Kawasaki Nomad, Honda ST-1300, and numbers of lawnmowers, generators, and other equipment. They make a good workbench for heavy equipment.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
81 Posts
I've always had a Handy lift, one of the heaviest made ones out there. While looking for a set of "wings" to allow me to raise a lawn tractor, I came across a MAC Tools lift, made by Forward Lift with wings attached. Every bit as heavy duty as the Handy, but made of tread plate which eliminates the slipping when riding up on it. 1000MCL

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I've always had a Handy lift, one of the heaviest made ones out there. While looking for a set of "wings" to allow me to raise a lawn tractor, I came across a MAC Tools lift, made by Forward Lift with wings attached. Every bit as heavy duty as the Handy, but made of tread plate which eliminates the slipping when riding up on it. 1000MCL
Holy smokes, is that a VTX in their listing picture? Nice!! (y)
The two side attachments for wider vehicles truly help make it a more universal lift. Looking into the folded height to see if it will fit under my car.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Holy smokes, is that a VTX in their listing picture? Nice!! (y)
The two side attachments for wider vehicles truly help make it a more universal lift. Looking into the folded height to see if it will fit under my car.
NM, too tall again. Over 7". Not gonna fit under my car. I gotta buy a truck, I guess.
Or maybe I can install a 4" lift-kit on my Caddy. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
81 Posts
What is the capacity of this lift? What would you consider a fair price for one? And it helps if you have a garage tall enough. If not, outside or under a good porch.
Mine is 1000 pound capacity. I bought it used for $1400 and sold my 20 year old Handy lift for $1,000. My garage has an 8 foot ceiling and I can lift my Goldwing to full height. Not quite wide enough for the VTX and sidecar.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts