·
Registered
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
2008 vtx 1800f
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have a shop like that, but not a motorcycle lift like that, that's cool!
ok im gonna ask this question again as im not sure the first time i asked it was completely understood, i want to buy a drive on lift for my bike for inside my garage, my issue is i have the 1800 bike which is heavy, my concern is at 68yrs old will i be able to push my bike on the lift that is the only reason i havent bought one yet, want to see what you all are doing with this situation, can you push bike on lift by yourself? or? suggestions please, i was considering harbor freight as it is on sale, will change front chock for sure but dont wanna buy it if i cant put bike on by myself

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Push? With a friend or 2 for standby support, why not ride it on?

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
didnt know if that would be safe
Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Many a bike ridden up a plank into a trailer or p/up. Not the safest, but it is done. Thus a couple extra pair of hands for balance on either side.

Reactions: Merry Prankster

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800R, 2001 Yamaha Road Star, 1994 Goldwing SE
81 Posts
I know you said mine was too tall for your shop. I'm 71 and normally walk with a cane. I sometimes did ride up, but feel safer pushing it on. With the sidecar, my VTX is too wide now, but I have my GL1500 Wing on it today. When I can get help, I take it, but do roll it on alone at times.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
238 Posts
I would look for reviews of the harbor freight lift on YouTube. I think your only real concern is the lift moving across the floor as you ride up. If people say it stays in place, you have your answer!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts