Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for lifter and/or rocker tapping and came up with nothing. I am a new VTX 1300 owner and unfamiliar with these engines, Is an audible level of lifter tapping normal for these bikes?.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
The top end on these engines don't ever get noisier, only quieter. If it gets quiet, you will have a problem in the near future, things are getting tight. If it's a new noise in the top end, then it may need looking at. The common analogy is it should sound like an industrial sewing machine.

·
Old Goat
24,193 Posts
they are noisy engines ...only way to be sure is adjust them...then u know where your at....same with all other maintenance ....good luck

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome to the forum dam good bike your VTX 1300 if you need help with maintenance just ask greatest bunch of people you will ever chat with here did all my own work including valves with their help

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what you guys are describing my engine is normal, The bike at 16000 miles on it and it's a 2003 model.
Thanks for all your responses guys.

·
Registered
504 Posts
From what you guys are describing my engine is normal, The bike at 16000 miles on it and it's a 2003 model.
Thanks for all your responses guys.
I had my valves clearances checked and adjusted at 22k, two of them were "tight" i was told. Exhaust valves if i remember right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts