Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yikes: Dont try this @ home: But we did and :dontknow: there has to be an easier way!

We couldn't find the blocks of wood for the front and rear tire so we made do with some 1970's metal ramps...

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just kept seeing this picture of you explaining the cast on your leg and the bandages to an acquaintance. You're telling him, "Yeah, man, I was hurt in a terrible motorcycle accident. I was changing the oil in it and it fell on me!"

I think I'll stick with my 2X8's.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scary - OMG - it was a nightmare guys - still have no idea why we went through with it!

I think my lumber got scrapped, couldn't find it at all in the garage. The ACE is too small to fit on the PepsX stand and we were bound and determined to change that oil.

Uncas - no kidding I could see news story in my head "man crushed by motorcycle"

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
W-H-Y-? :dontknow: You can't take a plastic dish pan + trim down one side so it'll slide under the bike?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
W-H-Y-? :dontknow: You can't take a plastic dish pan + trim down one side so it'll slide under the bike?
:agree: i use an old tupperware dish from the 70s. my mother in law has boxes and boxes of that crap in her shed. need me throw one your way??

i got all the good ole colors from that era

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jack

You can find a nice compact scissor style bike jack on ebay for $60 plus shipping:dontknow:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cut new blocks of wood so it isn't a problem moving forward at all. Just figured I'd share a photo of stupidity with you all. Got to say nothing bad happened and really surprised at how well it stayed up on the ramps.

ibleedjdgreen81 - you send me tupperware and ill just use it in kitchen - LOL

mojoguy - rode up front tire / rear tire on an angle - brute force lifted ass end up. J/K

Kidding all aside jacked it up and lowered in onto the ramps - no room under jack to work on the ACE.

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts
Im old and getting down on all fours aint what it use to be but I change mine on the side stand....looks to me a fubar in the makin.....good luck

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright this was just suppose to be a good picture for you all to laugh at!
This is not how we normally do oil changes...

I have a bike lift, pepsx stand, and blocks of wood! With the ACE on the lift we couldn't get to the filter or bolt, on the pepsx stand the ace's frame was too small to fit it and those blocks of wood the wife pitched during our big pickup trash day while she was cleaning up some of the crap in the garage.

Thought I'd post the picture so you could all get a good laugh....:dontknow:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
The oil drains in the case are designed for the oil to be drained on the side stand.

·
Super Moderator
63,933 Posts
Go to Walmart or any auto parts store and buy the low profile catch tray and you won't have to lift the bike at all. I change them on the sidestand my pan slides right under even lowered VTXs

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
I use a jack and put the bike on a PepsX stand. You still have to lay down on the ground but is way easier than not lifting the bike at all. It's the legs that are gone. Mine I mean. :oops:

·
Registered
429 Posts
The oil drains in the case are designed for the oil to be drained on the side stand.
I noticed that the first time I changed oil. What a nice design that is.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I find it easier to get the oil filter off if I roll the bike up on 2X8s and sit the sidestand on another piece of 2X8. The bike is still tilted on the stand so it drains properly, but that inch and a half of extra floor clearance makes the job a lot easier and no more risky than sitting on the garage floor.

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: Oh My :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: U one crazy dude

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Alright this was just suppose to be a good picture for you all to laugh at!
This is not how we normally do oil changes...

I have a bike lift, pepsx stand, and blocks of wood! With the ACE on the lift we couldn't get to the filter or bolt, on the pepsx stand the ace's frame was too small to fit it and those blocks of wood the wife pitched during our big pickup trash day while she was cleaning up some of the crap in the garage.

Thought I'd post the picture so you could all get a good laugh....:dontknow:

There's your problem. :lol:

Or is that where the kitchen is? :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts