Honda VTX Forum banner

light bar advice needed

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  prkuehn 
#1 ·
Thank you in advance. I recently moved from south Florida (well lit city) to rural Georgia. In doing so I now am in search of more light for driving on these roads that don’t have street lights. I’ve been looking around and I see there are a few options out there. I should mention I have a TKY double boox fairing and I need the bar to be below/in front of it.

#2 · (Edited)
Reactions: DrDolittle
#3 ·

I added a day maker headlight that I installed with the help of a VTXDAYMAKER bracket. The light bar is from Big Bike Parts. I have a 1300C so I also bought front blinkers for a R/S so they worked correctly with the light bar.

#7 · (Edited)
There is a threaded nut that connects to the bottom of the bolts that hold the headlight bracket to bucket. The light bar bracket them bolts to the threaded nut with 2 hex head bolts. The light bar is then bolted to the bracket with 3 rounded hex head bolts. There were 2 lengths of threaded nuts in the hardware. I used the shorter of the 2 so the bar would be closer to the headlight. I had used the longer nut, I would have had clearance issues with the blinkers at full lock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.