Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on a good light bar that can be used with a Memphis Fats 21" windshield. Also, I could use some suggestions regarding a good engine guard. My bike has factory exhaust, but I added Cobra floor boards. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've got the Jardine ball milled bar on my bike . I have the Memphis Shades Pop Top (definitely smaller than the Fats) but there is plenty of clearance. I'm running NC guards on my bike - they appear to be very sturdy and the chrome finish is holding up well.
Joe

·
Registered
271 Posts
My buddy and I both use this

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =466622293

His bike is the same year as yours & he has the same windshield also.

Only issue is a small one. Honda didnt start prewiring for these lights until 05 model year. So you will have to run a power line & ground to the harness that does come with the lights. A relay is also prewired into the harness!

The amount of light that comes from these low profile lights is very surprising. And they are only 25 watt bulbs, so no worrys about taxing your charging system.

Installation insructions are complete and easy to follow, everything needed is included. No special tools are needed. Installation was a snap.
Its a one brew project!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Last night, I just installed the Cobra Light Bar on my 03 1800 C. I had absolutely no problems with the install and I also have the 21" Memphis Fats Windshield; clearance was not an issue.

The engine guard that installed was the NC Paladin guard, which was earlier this week, the install went without a problem. I also have the Cobra floor boards and the Paladin bolted easily to them.

I installed Kuryakyn Dually HWY Pegs on the NC bar.

If you need pics let me know.

Corey

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do the Paladins scrape on deep turns? I'm thinking about engine guards myself but am afraid of my rubber losing contact with the ground with engine guards... Thx!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Absolutely not. That is one of the reasons that I went with these bars and plus recommendations from other forum members. The bike already scrapes on moderate turns and didn't want to have even less clearance to the ground. The Paladins bolt to the (2) bolts that are used for holding the pegs onto their location. They are fastened to the front of the frame with U bolts.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Will that same lightbar work w/ a hondaline windshield on an 1800C? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts