Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the Show Chrome Light Bar. It says that it will NOT fit the 1300C. And now comes my question: what does it mean "will not fit"? Is it too low, too high, too narrow.... I can't believe that with the right adapter it cannot be made TO FIT. I am not usually ready to accept the "it's not possible" answer. So, if I ordered the bar, what type of adapter will make it fit? C'mon guys, we are ALL into CUSTOMIZING. Help me customize. And may you blessed forever....

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got a light bar for the 1300 "R", and I have a 1300 C. I think it actually would have fit, but the windshield I have ended up causing the interference. I ended up using flat bar and general hardware, used a reciprocating saw and cut two fins to mount the light bar forward and down. It looks fine, the hardware is very low profile, and everything is good to go. I'm not sure whats' different about the R&S vs C in regards to the headlight/fork area, but I guess you'll find out soon enough! I can post pics of my set-up if it might help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Berty said:
I love the look of the Show Chrome Light Bar. It says that it will NOT fit the 1300C. And now comes my question: what does it mean "will not fit"? Is it too low, too high, too narrow.... I can't believe that with the right adapter it cannot be made TO FIT. I am not usually ready to accept the "it's not possible" answer. So, if I ordered the bar, what type of adapter will make it fit? C'mon guys, we are ALL into CUSTOMIZING. Help me customize. And may you blessed forever....
I believe it means that the stock signals will hit the forks if you use them. Aftermarket signals may be the solution...I think.

I had a problem with the Show Chrome bar as far as the quality of the spotlights; they were tough to get tight, and one actually stripped out before it was tight. It looked great but I returned it due to this.

·
Registered
592 Posts
They don't list it for the R because they say it may hit the fender if you fully compress the shocks if you hit a big pot hole, bump, etc. I mounted it on my R and have no problems. I used after market turn signals. Make sure you order the adapters for the turn signals. THEY DON"T COME WITH THE LIGHT BAR. As far a s the C I have not looked at the mounting but I am sure you can make it work. Anything can be adapted when you want to make it fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
light bar

i bought a cobra for my 06 1300r and it went on easy until i tried to put my memphis fats back on, then the work began. i had to make a relocation bracket to move it out about 1 1/2 inch and down about 1/2 inch. not the worst job in the world...but. it looks great tho and i'm happy i got it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:( Had the lightbar installed on my VTX retro,they said i was ready to go.When i tested the install,my turnsignals hit the highway bar turning left.
The lights were touching my memphis shade.(talk about upset) They called cobra,who offered an extention kit they said was needed for the VTX. $40.00 more dallars,after spending $480.00 for the job.You know the rest,demanded & received a full refund,after they uninstalled the mess.Now cobra has a new lightbar that keeps the turn signals on the sides, for the VTX Retro 269.95 #04-0151.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.