Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the deletions. I now see the posted dates. No sense for responding to years old posts. Just got my '07 - 1800T2 with only 17,000 mi. on it with paper work and recent service. It's very powerful and apparently garage kept. Hard to think of it as a 14 y/o bike. Looks as though nothing has been done as far as the mods I've been reading about but at least I'll know. I find it hard to believe there is no quick disconnect on the fuel line to make removal with gas in it difficult. Think I might buy one for an '07 fi. Sportster so I can remove the tank anytime I want. BTW where is the Turn signal flasher. I got a quality LED brake light and the kit came with a new flasher with the module for LED turn signals. I want more light in the rear. Had spliced in a Speedmetal license plate cover with led R/B/T's but the bottom brake lights went out and I returned it. Found out it was common. I haven't found a good replacement yet but have a plan. Will let y'all know if it works out. Greetings and a prayer for a better New Year and riding weather. Bo-T

·
Registered
12,343 Posts
Nine pin turn signal controller on 2nd Gen 1800.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Thanks for the deletions. I now see the posted dates. No sense for responding to years old posts. Just got my '07 - 1800T2 with only 17,000 mi. on it with paper work and recent service. It's very powerful and apparently garage kept. Hard to think of it as a 14 y/o bike. Looks as though nothing has been done as far as the mods I've been reading about but at least I'll know. I find it hard to believe there is no quick disconnect on the fuel line to make removal with gas in it difficult. Think I might buy one for an '07 fi. Sportster so I can remove the tank anytime I want. BTW where is the Turn signal flasher. I got a quality LED brake light and the kit came with a new flasher with the module for LED turn signals. I want more light in the rear. Had spliced in a Speedmetal license plate cover with led R/B/T's but the bottom brake lights went out and I returned it. Found out it was common. I haven't found a good replacement yet but have a plan. Will let y'all know if it works out. Greetings and a prayer for a better New Year and riding weather. Bo-T
Aerostich, a mostly clothing and outdoor gear company, sells a Viton plastic disconnect that can go on the smaller return line, and can be disconnected with a thumb and finger. Around $20-something. I've had mine on for 5-6 years now, never an issue.

·
Registered
12,343 Posts
Location?? Probably in the right side cover.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Location?? Probably in the right side cover.
I've looked but don't see the usual Signal flasher but since it has so many wires it my look different. I've seen something that looks like am old school car flasher. The easiest give away would be to look at the wires going to it. I know the turn signal colors. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
12,343 Posts
I looked in a 2007 1800C Owner's manual and did not see it.
9 pin Black connector is a clue. Two Orange wires, one O/White (O/W). Two Light Blue(Lb) wires, one Lb/W
One White/Blue wire+12v from fuse
One Gray wire to Turn Signal switch.
Turn Signal fuse is in a mini fuse box.
Second color is a stripe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, the wire colors should lead me to it. It will work fine if I splice another LED t/r/b set of signals to the rear. I had a Speedmetal License plate tag cover wired in and the turn signals worked perfectly. It's just the bottom row of run/brake lights went out so I took the POJ off and returned it and am trying to find the right pair of turn signals now. Got my eye on some just waiting on the funds. Have a great day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts