Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the Big Bike light bar coming for my 1800 R. This may be a silly question, but I have read many posts about the wires "inside the head light shell". I meant to try and see how that works today, but I got so involved in washing the bike for the first time in many months, that I forgot. Can someone give me a quick hint as to how to get into the head light. I hope the instructions will make it clear, but would appreciate early help. Thanks.
Ride safe, ride often

Oldtimer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Headlight Shell.

On the inner surface of the headlight bezel(trim ring), are located two screws. They are positioned at approximately ten o'clock and two o'clock.
Remove the screws and tilt the bezel forward. Lift the bezel to release its tab, located at 6 o'clock, from the slot in the shell.
Real simple!
There are a rats' nest of wires in the shell and re-assembling it can be a challenge. Especially if you've added lights and /or a tach. More wires and connections!
Insert the tab on the bezel into the slot in the shell, tilt the bezel and ensure that the seam between the bezel and the shell mates properly and re-install the screws. DON"T CROSS THREAD THEM. :oops:

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
When you do your wiring you can go about three different ways besides using a separate switch; Lightbar on with dims only, brights only or both. I just did this over the weekend and then Bare told me how to get the result I really wanted. There is a blue wire and a white wire going to your headlamp. Depending on which one you tap into you can have your lightbar on with your dim or your bright. If you want the lightbar on with either, tap into the blue wire with white stripe which powers the headlamp switch and will give you power to your lightbar whether you have your dim or bright light on.

Just trying to save you doing it twice like me. :oops: Good luck with your project. I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Hi,

Thanks to Kent and Gary. This forum really makes biking more fun. Riding is the best, but sometimes you have to add, fix, wash, polish or something.

Ride safe, ride often

1 - 4 of 4 Posts