Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Woot! said:
Orders need to be in this week apparently. What do you guys think? Worth $599? I wish I could see one in person to decide.
I was all ready to order one for the project bike, been chomping at the bit for them to come out, then I seen the price and see that this is not even chromed?????????

I'm on the fence still.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I've seen one in person and they are nice. Well engineered and nicely polished. The price though...........

It was a tough decision when they were $350 but not at $600 :? I guess the casting and machining is alot more expensive than previously purchased. Although, I have seen several other intake systems priced about the same. Yes, they were chromed but not as nice (or unique) as the P4. IMHO.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Well thats more than half the cost of the dual intake, which would be much nicer and no way would I put 2 Protons on the list...plus the left side would be backwards :shock:

I dont know.....the project bike has a ton of costly items and one more wouldnt be out of the question, it's just that I have a hard time justifying that price for an airbox when there are so many other options for much less. I hate that I had to pay so much for triple trees, but in that case there were not many other options. decisions...D*mn it all!!!! :lol:

G

·
At that price "only the chosen will have them" which with gas prices going up I think I will use the $600.00 for gas instead :lol: it does look good but you would really have to want this really really really bad! I was on the fence before I saw the lower price but the new redesigned price pushed me right off of the fence! I does cost allot to have custom parts made and the more people that are involved the cost just sky rockets!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts