Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orders need to be in this week apparently. What do you guys think? Worth $599? I wish I could see one in person to decide.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Woot! said:
Orders need to be in this week apparently. What do you guys think? Worth $599? I wish I could see one in person to decide.
I was all ready to order one for the project bike, been chomping at the bit for them to come out, then I seen the price and see that this is not even chromed?????????

I'm on the fence still.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I've seen one in person and they are nice. Well engineered and nicely polished. The price though...........

It was a tough decision when they were $350 but not at $600 :? I guess the casting and machining is alot more expensive than previously purchased. Although, I have seen several other intake systems priced about the same. Yes, they were chromed but not as nice (or unique) as the P4. IMHO.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Well thats more than half the cost of the dual intake, which would be much nicer and no way would I put 2 Protons on the list...plus the left side would be backwards :shock:

I dont know.....the project bike has a ton of costly items and one more wouldnt be out of the question, it's just that I have a hard time justifying that price for an airbox when there are so many other options for much less. I hate that I had to pay so much for triple trees, but in that case there were not many other options. decisions...D*mn it all!!!! :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
At that price "only the chosen will have them" which with gas prices going up I think I will use the $600.00 for gas instead :lol: it does look good but you would really have to want this really really really bad! I was on the fence before I saw the lower price but the new redesigned price pushed me right off of the fence! I does cost allot to have custom parts made and the more people that are involved the cost just sky rockets!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I still like this one......

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Woot! said:
Acrotech,

When we gonna see this modern marvel of yours?
Should be going to paint soon, shooting to have it back at my shop for assembly around May 1st and on the road by end of May.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts