1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
My favorite expression when passing someone: "Blew by YOU!"

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
She did the original proud. Doesn't quite have the range of the original, but few have the range Ms. Ronstadt did. Few ever will. But very nicely done. She definitely has talent.

·
Old Goat
24,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've like her since she was lead singer of Stone Ponies :thumbup:
The year was 1967..I had just bought a 1965 Mustang Fastback....installed a FM tuner and first station I tuned too was playing “Diffferent drum” I was hooked and been a fan ever since....:thumbup:

I like this...I think she is at a mens prison...

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
YouTube has a few more!
Live 1976 > "You're No Good" "You're No Good"

1971 from the LAtimes> July 15, 1971: Linda Ronstadt (and the Eagles): Ronstadt had established herself as a star with her band the Stone Poneys in the late-1960s, and was booked for a week of shows at Disneyland in 1971. Only problem was, she didn’t have a regular touring band at the time. So she invited four musicians she’d met through her regular appearances at the Troubadour in West Hollywood to join her for the Anaheim shows. It was the first time that Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner performed together, and it wasn’t long until they’d flown the coop as Ronstadt’s supporting group to take flight as the Eagles.

·
Old Goat
24,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI...there is a new documentary out narrated by her “The Sound Of My Voice” ...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I saw her at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, CA. in '75.
Sat less than 10 feet from the stage; lean & mean she was cussing a guy smoking in the front row.

Best club performance ever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts