Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,
I wanted to start by saying that I sold my Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic and bought this VTX. I really thought that I had a nice bike with the Vulcan until I got this VTX. Before I had gone 500 ft I felt the difference. It is like going from a Chevy to a Caddy! When I picked it up I had a 150 mile ride and it took me over 3 hrs. I stopped 1 time to get gas and could not believe how nice the VTX ran and handles. I was in LOVE in the first mile! Like I said from the Vulcan to the VTX is like night to day. I LOVE IT!!!! Here is a link to the picture of my VTX please check them out and let me know what you think. Someone ask me what a P4 intake was so it is a picture of that too.Here is my Specs:
2002 VTX 1800 Retro with only 5700 miles got it from the first owner.
PowerCommander III (USB)
Kuryakyn silver bullet turn signals
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn throttle boss
Custom air intake P4 I heard that there were only 100 made
Vance and Hines exhaust
CP Punisher drag bars with internal wiring
Chrome fender rails both front and back
4 piece Mustang seat
Honda light bar with shades
Honda deluxe backrest & luggage rack
Honda solo luggage rack
Honda chrome billet license plate mount
Honda chrome billet oil dip stick
Honda chrome drive shaft & bolt cover

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/ ... 0%20Retro/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice,I too am in love with my VTX.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looks great! With the level of customization, may wanna consider braided throttle and brake lines.....JMHO 8)

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
. Now highlight the "Address/url" lines that have the ".JPG" suffix

7. Right click on the highlighted address and select "Copy"

8. Now on VTXOA in a post box, hit the button or type that in. Place the cursor next to the [img] and right click and select "Paste" This will add the address.

9. After the address click the [img]button%20again%20or%20type

10. Now hit the "Preview" button as this will show you what the post will look like on the board. If you don't see your pic, no one will. You have something wrong.

11. A correct picture line will look like this;

Code:
[img] [url]http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/503/3018DSCN0154-med.JPG[/url] [/img]

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P4 Intake

Hey Chicago-Spike I see one of your pictures the bike has a P4 intake, you have one to? I was told there were only 100 of them made.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Whatever you paid for it, it was worth it just for the P4. You landed yourself a real nice package. Best of luck!

Ed

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why did you sell your's did not think it was a good intake or what? I do not know much about them can someone fill me in.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
I just didn't think it went with my bike. Just didn't look right to me, so just a personal preferrence thing

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, I'm glad to see you're on here Vance! I'm gonna miss my ride but I can tell you're going to take good care of her. I'll check in from time to time just to see any new mods so keep on posting!

BTW, I got your message last night and I believe the recall had already been applied to my bike before I brought it home but you might want to double check.

Also, my handle was RetroFit on here if you want to see what my back posts were... Probably not rivetting reading but there may be something out there worth noting.

- RetroFit (Carlo)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
The solo look on a Retro is the bomb!
Wish I could get away with it....

But then my honey wouldn't be ridin with me much!
Guess we gotta take the good with the bad!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.