Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a set of HK 3" big straights, did the pair valve block; all went well...I think.

Yah see my tins are all currently at the shop being painted so i have no gastank on am havent been able to fire her up yet....but here is where im at...

Below the air intake cover (behind) I have a small knob that rotates, which I didnt realize twists and is then connected to a spring and a screw up near the carborator which I presume is adjusting something...what? is this an adjustment knob for my A/F set screw? I have been reading about this "A/F setscrew" that after i put on the HK's I may need to adjust that...

maybe i should setup a syphon and run the bike through an auxillary "tank"...any tips on doing that...

thanks for any help renderred...

NOTE: I must say, this site F&*#ing rocks...received a lot of help from folks with excellent tips / step by step info/etc on how to do the PV block, tips on taking off my tins, and more tips on installing the exhaust...its nice feeling like a part of a "community"....thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks jojo stang....A/F?

thanks jojo...anybody have any feedback about the A/F adjustment....just put on new set of HK 3" big straights....going from stock....did the pair valve block....am i probably gonna have to adjust the A/F?

·
Registered
595 Posts
just put HK 2 1/2" American Classics on mine. K&N in the stock box and was getting some crazy popping on decel. Removed pair valve and put block off plates on with the dimples (much easier than taking reed valves out). Popping gone. Best bit if advice I got was do one thing at a time. Easier to pinpoint things that way. It is real tempting to want to adjust the AF with everything off but I refrained.

Long story short. Leave the AF alone unless you have some other breather set up. Try it out and see if you need to change something else.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
:agree:, I just leave mine hang, with the intake I have its easy to get to an because they are so cold bloded , I give it a little twist in the morning so it idles a bit faster when it is statred, like to stall on regular idle till it warms up. We all know that takes forever, even in Florida for them to warm up, Smitt
That is your idle speed adjuster. Clockwise faster idle, counter lower idle.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
+1 :agree:. But was to stupid to do so, now its perfect and don't mess with it much, but when I do it does suck. Smitt
As long as you got it apart it would be a good idea to order and install Glen's Permanent A/F adjuster it will make fine tuning much faster and easier in the future.
Here is the link to it.
http://www.glensvtxgarage.com/

Donut/Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts