Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys, wanted to ride the best rout to little river cannon,from Anniston Al. map quest to much. any input would be great, you might want to come along ,thanks j pate

Attachments

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
My preferred way is to go up to Noccalula Falls and go up Tabor Rd (aka Lookout Mtn Pkwy).
This is the road that bears off to the right at the traffic light at the Falls campground entrance. (Next to the convienence store)
Go up that road and you will cross Hwy 68 (Goes from Leesburg to collinsville) and keep going until you get to DogTown. (where Akins Furniture is).
Turn right at Dogtown that will take you right to the rim of the Canyon.
Turning Right at the canyon (there is a little park) will take you down around the canyon to the MouthPark. That road is really rough and you need to be careful if you try to come down into the MouthPark.

Turning left will carry you up around the canyon towards Mentone and Desoto State Park. The road is better in this direction.

Alternatively;
You can go to Gadsden.
Take Hwy 411 (Rainbow Drive/Albert Rains Blvd) north to Leesburg.
Turn Left at the light onto Hwy 68 towards Collinsville.
Before you go up the mountain you take a right onto Yellowcreek Road. (It has an official name and number but that's what we called it growing up around there)
Follow it to the MouthPark entrance. You will turn left and this road is kind of crappy but it will take you to the Mouthpark.
You can then go up from there and go all the way around the canyon on up to Mentone form there.

PM me and I might show you the way.
I live in Southside but own a house and land up on Lookout Mtn Pkwy (We call it Tabor Road) about 14 miles from the falls towards the canyon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDUCK HOW IS OUR RIDE TO Tennessee or Florida you name it winter time is coming. good to here you ,me and a friend may ride to warm springs and eat ,
theirs a couple bike shops there , possible this week end Aug / 20 or little river.Any thing comes to mind give us a shout j pate:yikes:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
hey jpate i have my bike tor down right now working on the fairing
put i will have it back up and going soon in time for cooler riding weather
I'm working on a trip to TN and boy do i need it when i get it nail down i will let you know ...............jduck

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I here you JDUCK keep us posted, need help give us a shout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts