Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting 120k miles on my beloved X in the last four years, my clutch basket has called it quits at 138k. Anyone have one for sale? Also looking for rear shocks and front fork tubes. If there is a fuel tank out there that's not unreasonable, please contact me. Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
After putting 120k miles on my beloved X in the last four years, my clutch basket has called it quits at 138k. Anyone have one for sale? Also looking for rear shocks and front fork tubes. If there is a fuel tank out there that's not unreasonable, please contact me. Thanks.
I have a tank both fenders and side covers for a C, I might have a clutch basket. Need to look

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If he doesn't have a clutch basket, let me know. I have a couple extras that I was actually just about to toss out.

·
Registered
322 Posts

120k in four years?
Did I read that right?
That's 30k per year. Dang it, and I am proud when I do 10k in a year.
Helmet off to you sir!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Henkvdb, I love riding, and the X is a ton of fun. It's my primary transportation (or was until 3/4/19, when I picked up an 08 Victory Vision!), and I average 25,000 - 35,000 miles annually. It's very nice to get paid to ride the bike; when i have to travel for work, I get paid $.55 per mile. One month I did 1500 miles for work! It paid for my vacation gas for myself and my wife last year, from CA to Sturgis and back. My mechanic is doing my valves, rebuilding my forks (unless I can find a set here), rewiring some lighting and replacing the clutch basket. Once I complete the transformation to the Batcycle, it will be my show bike and occasional rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts