Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ya'll. .

I'm looking for longer cables since I am adding different handle bars for more comfort. The standard handlebars on my 2004 VTX 1300C isn't as comfortable as they used to be. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello, ya'll. .

I'm looking for longer cables since I am adding different handle bars for more comfort. The standard handlebars on my 2004 VTX 1300C isn't as comfortable as they used to be. Any suggestions?
I changed my 1300c bars to 1300r bars with 5 1/4 in tall straight risers. I used stock 1300r clutch and throttle cables, they are about 2 inches longer. It will also help to route the cables behind the triple tree. There is just enough wiring in the headlight bucket to reach. I was able to modify the stock brake line to reach but it is tight, Have had no problems for over 15 years.

P1010078.JPG

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
are those risers 2 piece? i.e. the bottom barrel looking area is chrome and the upper is polished? where did you find those, I would love to put those under my bars for another 2 inch lift.

·
Registered
942 Posts
are those risers 2 piece? i.e. the bottom barrel looking area is chrome and the upper is polished? where did you find those, I would love to put those under my bars for another 2 inch lift.
The top clamps are stock Honda risers. The bottom pieces were made for me by a friend at a machine shop. They are copies of the Thinman risers and are polished stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The top clamps are stock Honda risers. The bottom pieces were made for me by a friend at a machine shop. They are copies of the Thinman risers and are polished stainless steel.
I’m going to guess that thin man risers are not available any longer seeing as his last post was 2006

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
I’m going to guess that thin man risers are not available any longer seeing as his last post was 2006
Your Mr. incredible...shouldn’t be a problem for u... appears to be a slicker version of the riser mod...good luck...

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Peter replied. He no longer makes them. Has had some heart and health issues since 2007-2008 and sold all his inventory and tooling.
Maybe he could give you the dimensions and specs? Buy round aluminum stock, cut to length, drill and tap from both ends.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Maybe he could give you the dimensions and specs? Buy round aluminum stock, cut to length, drill and tap from both ends.
Why cant he use a socket of his choice..go to machine shop have them use a lathe to remove writing ,then rechrome...maybe more work than u care to do ...but hey its risers....good luck

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks guys. Looking at multiple ideas thanks to this thread.

most likely though I will get a set of SAE for Harley and just re-tap them for metric threading. Most cost effective solution and I have a tap and dye set.

Reactions: TennX
1 - 16 of 16 Posts