Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
There was a bracket change on 2008+, so the R/S/T exhausts are different. They will all fit, but you will need the matching rear exhaust bracket (mounts right in front of the rear wheel). So pre-2008 exhausts will need the pre-2008 bracket, post-2008 exhausts will need the post-2008 bracket.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a bracket change on 2008+, so the R/S/T exhausts are different. They will all fit, but you will need the matching rear exhaust bracket (mounts right in front of the rear wheel). So pre-2008 exhausts will need the pre-2008 bracket, post-2008 exhausts will need the post-2008 bracket.
Thank you!

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Not that many new owners go back to OEM pipes.
Usually aftermarket pipes too loud for the new owner will cause rider to want stock pipes.
Additional baffles can be made or added if sound level is too loud or irritating.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
What have you got, what do you want?
My straight pipes have a welded in spiral exhaust flow disruption design.(alternating gear cut teeth)
Clanging was the problem, like beating on a cast steel anvil.
I used different pipe lengths that fit in the spiral flow disruption , some sounded ok.
I made a short piece to go into the spiral flow disruption and a modified lollipop.
One guy used bar sink strainers and a lollipop to reduce the sound level.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought this bike with V&H big shots. They are too loud. Also I don't believe the Jets were changed with this exhaust as there is a slight bog at low RPM acceleration. The bog isn't such a big deal but the volume and clacking is. I have to remove the heat shield to get to the baffle screw so I thought it might be just as easy to just get the right exhaust and maybe remove the baffle to make it louder. I want to keep my V&H.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
A link to V&H archives. Instructions..

I did not rejet my carb when I added pipes.
#195 OEM, a #200 would probably have been better.
Check vacuum hoses, most crack/split on the interior wall at the cut ends.
Verify manifold clamps are snug.
Any other mods???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts