Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a helmet intercom system, either driver to driver or driver to passenger. I bought a pair a year ago and they work like crap. You can only hear at about 40-50mph Does anyone know of any good brands out there that work really well? Do they mount inside your helmet?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
My buddy has had good experience with his Scala Rider Q2 system. He can talk to his passenger and his brother on a different bike quite clearly even up to speeds at 70+. It also links via bluetooth to your cell phone -- he's called me from the highway and I wasn't able to tell he was on his bike.

I personally haven't tried one, but he seems to like it. There's a few reviews out there; some mixed..

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm looking for a helmet intercom system, either driver to driver or driver to passenger. I bought a pair a year ago and they work like crap. You can only hear at about 40-50mph Does anyone know of any good brands out there that work really well? Do they mount inside your helmet?

Hey Brian,
Just wondering what brand did you buy and what model? I had the same problem with my system.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get an autocom system. you won't regret it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Autocom v. Starcom1

What about starCom1? How do thier units compare to the Autocom? I am also looking for a unit, preferably with the following:

rider/passenger
bike-to-bike
music input
possibly bluetooth

G

·
My biggest concern was VOLUME in a Helmet System.

Just got a J&M Bluetooth Helmet System and it has massive amounts of volume.

Probably not what you need, but the issue is the volume coming out of the iPod into the Helmet Speakers.

I will say we had to dig out some of the foam lining to make room for the speakers, but the initial tests were excellent.

We have a radio on the bike that does many things.....
FM Broadcast
VHF/UHF Transmit/Receive
Weather
IPod Input

It operated with either a wired or bluetooth helmet, we opted for Bluetooth.

Intercome? --> The J&M can do Rider/Passenger --- not sure about Bike/Bike though.

WHAT BRAND/MODEL did you buy that was not satisfactory for you?

·
Registered
583 Posts
This is my dilemma.

I have four riders + a car for a long trip, and I know nobody will mind spending a little bit to buy each of our respective parts, but we need an intercom that we can all communicate on.

I'm considering just getting two way radios and nice headsets, has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
This is my dilemma.

I have four riders + a car for a long trip, and I know nobody will mind spending a little bit to buy each of our respective parts, but we need an intercom that we can all communicate on.

I'm considering just getting two way radios and nice headsets, has anybody tried this?
I have a Kenwood FRS radio that I use for bike to bike with my Autocomm.

The Autocomm by itself will not give you bike to bike. I do not know how starcomm or others do it, but they will probably need a transciever as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts