Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a new helmet. What I am looking for is a half-helmet style (must be DOT approved) that doesn't make me look like a mushroom head. :) Looking for something thin/low profile. Kinda like the ones that come down real low on the forehead as well, but couldn't find any online. Also, a comfortable strap is a big plus rather than those crude nylon ones that seem to do nothing but cut into your throat!

The one I have now is not very comfortable, mostly because anytime over 50 MPH the wind catches it and it pretty much strangles me at that point. :)

Welcome any suggestions!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have three shorties (like a chick with shoes!) in different colors from this company called HCI (Helmet City Inc). They are DOT and do not have the mushroom look. Come in all kinds of colors and graphics. I'd highly recommend them. I sold my Shoie Santa Cruz and HJC after finding this brand. I was looking for exactly what you are talking about. Check them out.
http://www.helmetsales.com/hci_dot_approved_1.htm

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those that were watching this... I picked up a Skid Lid helmet.

Like night and day... no more problems with the helmet trying to pull my head off at highway speeds.

If you have the same problem, you should give one of these a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts