Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have decided that this year we would like to attend a Honda or VTX rally. I mean take a real vacation and go somewhere with a s--t load of bikers. I have been looking at the Colorado VTX rally.....but I think that is a little toooo far away. Is there anything closer? And any dates you meay have would be helpful too.
Thanks,
Cruzzer

·
Registered
473 Posts
Do the Coloradical. Trailer if you have to. If your looking for riding this is it. You won't get 200 bikes on a ride but you will get about 300 or 400 at the Hotel. Most rides have 20 to 30 bikes. This is a much better ratio on a ride trust me. You can actually ride at a spirited pace.
If your looking to party HOG ROCKor some other Harley rally where everyone just drinks and talks a bout riding. Differant strokes for differant folks,I am a rider. If you find anything much prettier than the Colorado Rockies within a 2 day ride please let me know.
Coloradical is far. Its a pain to get to(Damn Texas is BIG). But it is worth it. And believe it or not it's fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
:agree:Rock is on point with the beauty of riding in CO.
Although I've not made their 4th of July ride (Coloradical), I did have a chance to spend a week riding the Denver area this past Aug. It is absolutely marvelous scenery & roads to ride! I also had the opportunity to meet some of their VTX riders while there and they were great people too! It really isn't a "Rally" though, with the mass of vendors and the fair type setting, it's more of a "Gathering" to do some great riding!
Depending on your ride ability (time in the saddle), it really only a day & a half to get there. I rode up and crossed La. & Tx. & into NM in one day, but that wasn't a typical day for most (1004.7mi) and I probably won't push that hard next time.
There is a big "Rally" with 50,000 + bikes in Austin, Tx in July called the ROT Rally that is more of the party Madis Gras at night setting! I've been acouple times and it's cool. There is also some pretty good riding in that area..."The hill country", but be warned it is HOT!

There are rallies all over just search the net you find them!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
There is a big "Rally" with 50,000 + bikes in Austin, Tx in July called the ROT Rally that is more of the party Madis Gras at night setting! I've been acouple times and it's cool. There is also some pretty good riding in that area..."The hill country", but be warned it is HOT!
Hot Damn!! I'll be there!!!! It's in June though(I know you knew that ZeeMan), and it is freaking HOT. There is some great riding around Austin in the Hill Country, and lots of cool things to see around Austin itself. The 2 times I've been to ROT before I spent most of time away from the Rally grounds, only going there in the late afternoon or evenings when it really cooled down. I recommend it for sure!!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Also, Biketoberfest in Daytona is nice. It's in the fall, October, so it's cooler. A lot of bikes, but not as busy as Bike Week, so it's easy to get around and actually ride. If you go, one ride you must take is called "The Loop", beautiful ride that takes you through forests, through swampy marsh areas, and along the beach. Best ride in Daytona IMO.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The Honda Hoot in Knoxville would have been what you're looking for, but they're not having it anymore. Last year was the last. There's a big rally in Lafayette every year, Blast on the Bayou, http://www.blastrally.com but they haven't posted dates yet. Also the Hot Springs rally in Sept., http://www.thehotspringsrally.com and it's nice riding the moutains there.

Also check out http://www.lightningcustoms.com/motorcycleevents.html they have a searchable by state rally list.

Former Monroe native
Fred

·
Registered
605 Posts
Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville Arkansas is a good one. I read somewhere the rally this year was the third largest in the US...and I believe it! We have gone in '06 and '08 and had a blast both times. There is also some awesome rides in the area. Take the week to go! When you start the video it will say no longer available...just click on the video and it will open on youtube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts