Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on an adaptation for all of us VTX owners and need some assistance here. I need a stock VTX riser cap from someone who has gone to another set of risers and no longer needs this cap so I can do some experimenting with it. If you're a Retro rider and went to 'C' model risers you'll still need this part but it you've gone any other way for risers it's probably just collecting dust on a shelf.

To be clear, the part that I'm seeking is the aluminum cap with the four bolt holes that covers the handlebar, bolts to the risers and has the VTX logo on it. I don't know if it's the same part on all models or not. If it's not, I'd like the different ones so I can make this work for everyone.

So, if anyone has one of these they'd be willing to contribute to the cause of helping all of us have a neat addition down the road you can either post here, send me a PM or email me at [email protected] and put VTX in the subject line. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Gary,

Do you mean the handlebar upper clamp mount? The top half of the clamp that holds your handlebar in place? I had an extra one. I sent it to Mike ("Handler") when he chromed mine for me. He might still have one.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaptnGus said:
Gary,

Do you mean the handlebar upper clamp mount?
That sounds like it could be it. It probably would have helped if I knew the proper name for the part.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have the old clamp for mine(retro)
, I used the "C" clamps on the "C" risers

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Dale. I sent you a PM. Great avatar, by the way. :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Gary,

The 1300 doesn't have the same set up as the 1800 - I just posted looking for the same thing - 1800 cover with logo - to improve the look of my ride.

The risers on the 1300 sound like they are 3/4" higher than the stock 1800 riser but don't look anywhere near as good as the 1800's.

Hey Dale,

How come you didn't use your stock R top half on your C risers?? They fit don't they???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts