Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some new pipes (maybe ) Going to more of a cruise friendly bike .Im getting tired of the sideburners . I already had the clayton mod on the stockers ,but I dont like the huge size of the stockers. Im looking for something in the middle of stock and s-burners. I remember a thread about harley slip on ? but cant find it . Any advise would be helpful . Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've had Bubs, HK-3's, And now have V&H Big-shots.

I know exactly what you mean for a cruiser style pipe.

I just went with the V&H Big-Shots, and came back from a 1,500 mile trip in 3 days, and even those were a bit loud for that.

I do allot of touring on the weekends, and average a few hundred miles a day allot on the weekends, and was deciding on the same thing on mine for that purpose. I had to choose somthing in between also, because of the amount of miles I do a year, around 30K

There are several sets of " Slip-Ons " that you may like, that wouldn't give you a headache after riding the bike several hours

Also, on Ebay right now, theres a guy selling a brand new set of Jardine Rumblers , for $359.00 that retail over $600.00 New, and my friend just picked a set up, and they sound awsome on the X. They are tamer then the Big-Shots, and have a nice deep rumble

They are prefect for a in between pipe, you may want to look those up

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Cobra speedster-slachdown. I would swap with you but looking at you picture they seat even lower then my cobras do.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cobra speedster-slachdown. I would swap with you but looking at you picture they seat even lower then my cobras do.

Thanks for the offer ( almost ) They look real low in the pic because I have 11 inch progressives and a 8* rake on it plus I weigh @ 215 and my son was @ 37 ilbs in the pic .You can see by this pic (without me ) there not too bad at all .Keep in mind its still lowered .I have never scraped them either . Its always the floorboards that touch and scare the crap out of me :yikes:

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I had HK 3". They were good. but kinda loud on a long cruise. I went with VH cruizer. Good deep sound with kinda the look like stock, but not. :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
bub bub bub bub, bub bub bub bub, wonderful bub, wonderful bub!

-sung to 'spam' by monty python

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats up guys. Long time reader 1st time responder. Got a 04 1300c. 1st one in our show room here in stuart, Fl. Bought in 03. Fell in love with this bike and decided to keep it and as clean as possible. Shaved the seam of the tank a must to do.1300r handle bars on with show chrome risers.Baron Tach. Kryakyn goodies including engine case covers. vizor signals with led conversion, metzlers stock size, BUBS ,Thunder jet kit, Xtreme revolution oval air intake with etched 1300 vtx logo on cover. I have 4 sets of baffles for these bubs. The stockers that came with the pipes, The stealths, which definately quieted the bike down but ran my bike to rich.Thunder monsterbaffles, great power great hot rod sound. Too loud. What to do! Buy the Jug huggers and install the new thunder monster quiet baffles. They made a good improvement in sound reduction. No rejet required. Still great power and sound. You can ride all day and not piss people off. Very nice compliment to the jug huggers. right now there is not a better pipe power wise for this bike. You do have multiple baffle choices with this pipe unlike others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts