Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 VTX Retro and am getting what I'm told is a Honda lightbar probably next week. I'd like to get a windshield but want to make sure it'll not only accomodate the lightbar but also be tall and wide enough to do the job for me (as I'm tall and wide, myself). Ideally I'd like a windshield that I could remove, but, if I can't have that option, I'll have to live without it.

HDL told me they could only offer the Honda shield to go with the Honda lightbar but that shield is too short. Any suggestions as to what might work for my application?

·
Registered
632 Posts
What about a Memphis Shades 21" Fats? I have one on my bike and love it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gary look up clearview 800-798-6089--they just made a whole package for the VTX. Also, they will custom make any size you want. I had the Honda shield and it was too short. I had them make one 24 inches high for the Honda mounts. They just designed a whole new shield with the hardware to go with it for the VTX.Whatever you get, I suggest you sit on the bike and measure from the top of the headlight to the aproximate height that you want. A 21 incher only came up to my chin, which I did not like. Bugs kept hitting me right in the nose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts