Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an idiot run a stop sign on me and put it on its side. Tank would cost to much to repair so I need a new one. He ran btw, ass holes I swear. But I have a 2003 vtx 1800c. Any direction or people with an extra tank would be helpful. Just need the tank. Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
As it happens I have one from an 03 1800c. I'm putting a tank from an 06 on mine

What were you thinking of paying for one?

Polemides

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any pics of it and what color? They range from used being $150-250 to new ones stupid expensive.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't have pictures of it off my bike but I can take a few. Its factory Durango red and in perfect condition. I'd like to get 250 plus shipping. I'll post some pictures

polemides

·
Registered
395 Posts
polemides,

Do you have any idea if that tank will fit on a 1300? I am looking for one in that color. The part number I need is: 17520-MEA-671ZE and the paint code is R27M.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
polemides,

Do you have any idea if that tank will fit on a 1300? I am looking for one in that color. The part number I need is: 17520-MEA-671ZE and the paint code is R27M.
Please make your own thread if you need one as well. thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have pictures of it off my bike but I can take a few. Its factory Durango red and in perfect condition. I'd like to get 250 plus shipping. I'll post some pictures

polemides
I'm going to do a little more shopping around, then I'll let you know.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Please make your own thread if you need one as well. thanks.
Sorry friend, but I thought this was an open forum and anyone signed up could participate! I certainly have no intention of jumping polmides chance to sell to you first. However if his tank is really what I need and you don't want it then he now has another potential buyer.

Sorry to upset you!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry friend, but I thought this was an open forum and anyone signed up could participate! I certainly have no intention of jumping polmides chance to sell to you first. However if his tank is really what I need and you don't want it then he now has another potential buyer.

Sorry to upset you!
Didn't upset just thought it was a little rude as we were still talking but if it's the right one for you then by all means go ahead ;) I don't have the cash right now, just paid bills.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
polemides,

The 1800c tank won't fit the 1300 right out of the box. It can be modified but then there will be seat fitment issues. (No petcock for one thing) I have a 1800c seat on my 1300c and the difference on profiles can be seen at the edge where the 2 meet.
Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
What is even more rude is using an established "For Sale" board as your personal 'want to buy' board. There is a reason for different boards. Would be nice if people would use them accordingly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
do you not carry uninsured motorists? you should be able to make a claim under that and not have an increase in premiums

·
Registered
395 Posts
polemides,

I certainly thank you for the photos. With above comments about the tank not fitting and definitely seeing different part numbers and differences in the parts photos, I don't think your tank would work for me. Thanks harvey

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is even more rude is using an established "For Sale" board as your personal 'want to buy' board. There is a reason for different boards. Would be nice if people would use them accordingly.
"'want to buy' board" if there was one I'd post there, you seem like a smart person, if I missed it point me in the right direction. I mean asking in the for sale board if someone has a certain item for sale that I can't seem to locate a thread for is so bad then excuse me.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
No problem big nasty. Welcome aboard. Sorry one of your first experiences was kind of rough. Most people here are really nice. Some just are a bit salty. And then some just might be a bit sarcastic and like to throw gas on the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts