Honda VTX Forum banner

Looking for Gold Wing mechanic near Wichita

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  06VTXRJim 
#1 ·
My neighbor has a 1500 Goldwing that is giving us fits. It surges like mad when first started almost like a vacuum leak. It goes from idle to 2000+ and back down so it almost dies unless you give it a little gas. Once it warms up, it runs good 75% of the time. Again, only at idle will it surge, but not as bad once it warms up. Taking those fairings off and back on to test is a pain. He has worked hours and hours, I helped him a little but we found no cracked hoses, even sprayed carb cleaner all over to see if we could get a surge. He will not go to MAP on West street from past bad experiences. My VTX has never needed work (Knock on wood) so I have not searched out a good wrench for anything I can't handle. I just don't have the time right now to do this for him. He is retired and rides the crap out of that bike. Lucky Bastard.

#2 ·
I've had great luck with Motorsports down on 31st and Southeast Blvd. They take care of my Wing and VTX, fix whats needed, doesn't overcharge, and is a 180 degree change over the other guy here in town.

G
#3 ·
The best motorcycle mechanic in Wichita is a guy named Clarence, he works at Mid America Powersports.
I always took to BMW K1200RS and my Goldwing 1800 to him. It is a 180 mile round trip for me, but it is worth it.
Clarence treats your bike like it his own.

#4 ·
that goldwing did he get fix

I know two guys that like working on them
goldwings they are sharp at what they do one has his own shop
:doorag:

My neighbor has a 1500 Goldwing that is giving us fits. It surges like mad when first started almost like a vacuum leak. It goes from idle to 2000+ and back down so it almost dies unless you give it a little gas. Once it warms up, it runs good 75% of the time. Again, only at idle will it surge, but not as bad once it warms up. Taking those fairings off and back on to test is a pain. He has worked hours and hours, I helped him a little but we found no cracked hoses, even sprayed carb cleaner all over to see if we could get a surge. He will not go to MAP on West street from past bad experiences. My VTX has never needed work (Knock on wood) so I have not searched out a good wrench for anything I can't handle. I just don't have the time right now to do this for him. He is retired and rides the crap out of that bike. Lucky Bastard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.