Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a post the other night about an exhaust mod. Moving the top can to the left side, and the need of a cross over tube connection.

I am seriously interested in doing this to my 06 1800 Neo.

I just cannot remember where I found the post. Or who the op was.

Yes I’ve searched. With the search thingy. Indeed, I am feeling kinda dumb right now. I would rather be working on my old Huey, UH-1H if ya need specs. But navigating these forums is kinda tricky. Well it is for me.

Give me a carb or manual trans mission any day.

Who’s got two thumbs and is feeling the dumbs? This guy!!

Any help is appreciated. Joe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Hans&Feet, you just made Tuesday, that much better.

As I own this one outright. I’m thinking of the dual exhaust mod, using the stock cans. I like the sound, and look of them.

Thank you for the help folks. Now to start the planning process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Add the look of duels to a 1800R

These mods were done during the winter of 2012/2013 and had to be completed for our March ride to Daytona that spring. I have only created the video recently and published it.

I purchased additional pipe pieces from an online supplier, maybe RockyMountain, i'm not sure now. They were mandrel bend pipe sections that we cut and welded to get the radius we needed and created our own pipes. We also made a slip-joint with a muffler clamp at the crossover area under the bike for easy dis assembly. The rectifier had to be re positioned and protected from exhaust heat and road debris as did the coolant recovery tank so i made a double panel heat shield to mount in front of the crossover pipe. The welded on attachment points on the mufflers had to be removed and re attached in new positions.

The photos show the crossover with slip joint, the new heat shield, the coolant recovery tank, and the newly relocated rectifier beside the coolant tank.

We also copied and re created the muffler mount plate that attaches the muffler to the wishbone. This part had to be re created for the new, left side muffler mount location. You can see more videos at YouTube, search for larry shea or go to ljshea.com. My email is [email protected]

Larry Shea
Lansing Mi.

Attachments

·
Old Goat
24,179 Posts
Someone posted the other day about pros and cons of the VTX...in hindsight I must admit true duals would have been nice....great job “Shadetrees”.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@oldcaron66 , May just do that.

Oh I wanted to share this. After looking/watching your vid. I decided I needed to see what may be found in the tool box.

I think I am the only person to open that box since the bike was built. Owners manual and funky tool kit still in ziplock bag, just covered in dust. How cool is that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts