Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good manufacture of a LED Tail light that will fit in the stock tail light?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hwy

·
Super Moderator
63,664 Posts
The only place I remember making these for the C was Radiantz. I had one on my C and it was great. They no longer list them but I'd try contacting them maybe they have some left?

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I can't remember who, but I believe J & P Cycle parts sold a red LED replacement, but I haven't had a catalog for maybe 3 years now. Another alternative would be to swap ot the 1157 for a 2357. A bit shorter life, but a bit brighter light.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Why wouldn't a regular white LED replacement dual-filament bulb work? That's what I did, including turn signals. Of course buy bulbs with proper lumen output, you want to be visible.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
I thought about using 4 - 3watt leds epoxied to a sheet metal disk that was cut to fit the space. Two diodes and a resistor and you can have dual function. Easier to do than the 12 leds in the TS rear units to add Run/Brake..

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
1056 and 1057 led replacements from Amazon worked well on my 2005 VTX 1300, haven't replaced those on my 1800N yet as access space is limited.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I replaced my tail light bulb when it burned out with an 1157 LED equivalent bulb from the auto parts store. It is brighter both as running and brake light than the stock bulb and works well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks All,
I have found some options on Amazon...
  • Luckmart Integrated LED Tail Light with Smoke Lens for Honda VTX1300 CUSTOM VTX1800 ($52.95 CDN) - this will allow me to remove the stock turn signals.
  • KaTur Motorcycle 1157 Base 2'' Bullet Style Front LED Turn Signal Light Running Light Kit for Harley Davidson Honda (1 Pair) ($26.99 CDN) - these will fit in the 2 3/4" stock lenses, I will need to build a spacer to keep the bulbs centre.
  • Kapsco Moto Smoke Turn Signal Lens Lenses Indicator Blinkers For Honda VTX 1800 TYPE C R S N F T RETRO ($12.99 CDN) - replace the amber stock lenses.
It's going to be a a couple of week before I get the parts. I'll post some pic's once I get them installed.

Thanks again for all your replies.
Hwy

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good manufacture of a LED Tail light that will fit in the stock tail light?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hwy
if you havent found one yet

1157 BAY15D P21/5W Stop Tail Light 33 SMD LED Red Motorcycle on EBAY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts