Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,
Well, just bought a new 07 1800 Retro and now Im looking for some good bags to go along with it and need some advice. Im looking for some hard bags but leather like. I need some decent size bags and also able to lock them as well. Im also looking to put some new exhaust on as well, ( cobra speeder slashdowns) so Im need those bags to fit those pipes as well. Any advice will be helpful. thanks for your time.
Tj

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
It's hard to beat the OEM bags + they have a steel ring around the top to keep their shape. Also, when my T was new you couldn't hear it. Now (almost 14K) it really barks. You'll loose the 2 into 1 advantage with most the aftermarket pipes, sacrificing power + fuel economy. JMHO

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
saddle bags

You can try

Vikingbags.com

I have ordered my set and am waiting for delivery. I have done quite a bit of research and these are the best for me. Reviews come in very good. Leather outside, hard poly something material molded to hold the shape, lockable, custom made to fit your particular bike. Shock cutout to hold the bags close to the bike. It comes with brackets. About $239 and $25 for shipping.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking for saddlebags

I bought mine from Amazon.com from a company called Jafrum and I only paid about $80 bucks including shipping. They fit good and they are big enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Check out LeatherLyke bags. They are hardshell and lockable. Just to give you an idea of how tough they are....when some jerk pulled out in front of me in a rain storm and I ended up on the ground, they kept the bike from laying on my leg. I rode the bike home and that saddlebag is still on the bike to this day! I highly recommend them.
Nick :cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I've got some LeatherLyke's also. They have quite a bit of room and will double as a cooler if you want to carry some cold drinks.;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The Cobra Speedster Slashdowns run low enough that nearly any bag should give you good clearance.

I have the large Saddlemen Desperado Slant bags. They have held there shape well and still look new. Saddlemen make bags larger than these and possible in a style more suited towards what you are looking for.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
529 Posts
leather hardbags

im selling a set of Harley Davidson leather covered locking hard bags on e bay... was gonna put them on my 1800c...would really look sweet i but just need the money right now...they are brand new , never mounted... really nice bags...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
These bags must be selling well. Their website has a list price of $590 but their price is $700.:dontknow:

Yeah I saw that to and thought it was kinda of strange.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had a set of Leatherlykes on the bike since new, Great bags . I turned the bike into a full dresser so I don't need them anymore.
I have a set I would sell you for $225.00 plus shipping . I made a new set of brackets to lower them so they wouls set closer to the pipes. Email for pics if your interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts