Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a solo seat that will allow me to sit 2-3" farther back, at a more comfortable position, but have been unable to find one so far, so what better of a place than here! i have a 2006 Custom. Thank you for any help:bowdown:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Your best bet is to find a So Cal Slammer. They sit you really low in the bike and further back. Unfortunately they went out of business so you'll have to find one from a member here. That's how I got mine. Another option would be C & C as they make a seat that is similar to the Slammer. I've never heard any negatives about them. You can check their website. I'm sure others will chime in to help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Something to ponder....

I took my stock seat, took the cover off and used a belt sander to re-contour the factory foam. Took the stock cover and put it back on using spray glue and a staple gun. I also ground down the plastic blocks on the underside. I think I've got it lowered by 2 inches or more. I love it and it cost me NADA!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I'm trying to find a solo seat that will allow me to sit 2-3" farther back, at a more comfortable position, but have been unable to find one so far, so what better of a place than here! i have a 2006 Custom. Thank you for any help:bowdown:
BadX, cut mine back and down. This is the same seat picture in my signature before he modded it. I don't know about 3" back though...maybe 2".

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Corbin Hollywood solo moved me back and down although I couldn't say exactly how much. However it seems like quite a bit. Just be sure you can stand to ride a Corbin for any lengthy rides. Also no backrest made for it, if you're interested in one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts