Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked online for hours and im deciding on either the Cobra dragsters or the Hard Krome American Classics. Any of you have these? What are your opinions on these? Will i have to buy other aftermarket parts (air intake/fuel management system) also?

·
Super Moderator
63,776 Posts
Your 1300 has carburetor, not fuel injection so no fuel managers. You will have to rejet the carb probably

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
I have HK 2.5 pipes. Heat shield is welded to the pipe. Some welds broke and some heat shields developed a crack that ran across the heat shield and broke off.

I welded the welds at the brackets and later a crack developed on the heat shield.
I welded that and it is still holding. I like my HK 2.5" pipes. .
I did some mods, originally had clang, clang sound.
I added a version of a lollipop(washer) and have used that setup for years.
Many miles also.

Look up MR VTX, he had the first HK failure.

·
Registered
30,649 Posts
I went with Cobra's. Lifetime warranty,

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I bought my 1300C last spring I swapped the Honda exhaust for Cobra Short Shots and had to adjust the carb jetting a little because it became too rich. There is much to read in past posts regarding exhaust mods and I suggest you look thru that. I am OK with the Short Shots, they are pretty nice sounding on acceleration but can become loud if you really lay on it. They are easy to install and look great as far as I am concerned but it’s a personal like/dislike look and you may not be as satisfied as I am. Good luck, ride on!!!

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
I’m running V$H big shots....no jetting required...just turned the A/F out 2 1/2 turns runs like that proverbial striped azz ape...good luck on your choice...

Zero issues...still look as new after 12 years...

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have HK 2.5 pipes. Heat shield is welded to the pipe. Some welds broke and some heat shields developed a crack that ran across the heat shield and broke off.

I welded the welds at the brackets and later a crack developed on the heat shield.
I welded that and it is still holding. I like my HK 2.5" pipes. .
I did some mods, originally had clang, clang sound.
I added a version of a lollipop(washer) and have used that setup for years.
Many miles also.

Look up MR VTX, he had the first HK failure.
I also have HK 2.5 pipes. Heat shield is welded to the pipe and the welds looked like tach welds and never finished. Some welds broke and heat shields started ratteling so a shop added weld.It's been 5 years and still holding. They do have a nice sound

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the stock exhaust on my 2008 VTX 1300T with Samson Streetsweepers. Very happy with them for 7 years. Easy to install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
looked online for hours and im deciding on either the Cobra dragsters or the Hard Krome American Classics. Any of you have these? What are your opinions on these? Will i have to buy other aftermarket parts (air intake/fuel management system) also?
Hi MCP ... I have cobras off a 2005 1300C. Great condition and also have the bracket. Pictures included. I think the tips are missing but would be hard pressed to find any other defects. Let me know if interested.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts