Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brothers of the OA -
Today has been the toughest day of my life, and I can't even comprehend what's truly happening.
My Dad passed away this morning, very unexpectedly. We believe a heart attack, but it wasn't violent. He even still had one of his small projects in his hands when mom found him. He was 71 years young.
I don't know why I'm putting this on the internet, but your faceless names have been the group of friends that my busy life doesn't facilitate in person. I know you guys are here for me.
Anyway. I miss my dad already. I'm in shock and numb. I break every time I think about talking to my girls this afternoon when they return from school. Their Papa is gone home to Glory.
I don't know what I'll do or how often I'll get on here in coming days. I know they'll only be good thoughts, comments, and prayers to greet me.
Thank you all for being here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Very sorry to hear this Nate. I know I’m new here, but I can see you’re a very active member and have some solid friendships on this site. I have some very close “friends” on another web forum, some I’ve met, and some I haven’t. I understand why you’d share this here. I also know how it feels to suddenly lose your father, I will pray for you and your family.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/members/albums/213858-smurfy71/2008-honda-vtx-1300t-16842-picture71386-vtx.jpg

·
Registered
954 Posts
That is heartbreaking news, very very sorry, Nate. Please accept our deepest condolences.

I was in your situation a few years ago, I too lost my father unexpectedly. It is not easy but I found one thing that got me through the first few years with some sanity: remembering as many good memories with my dad as I could.

You definitely are in a shock right now, let it sink in. I think the reality hit me at the funeral.

If anybody tells you "time heals all wounds", don't believe them. I found it to be BS. Time heals nothing. Time only allows us to get used to the pain and live with it.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Sorry for your loss

The best we can do when we lose a parent (I lost my mother and never had a dad in my life) is to remember them fondly and live each day to our fullest as we know they would want for us. We are our parents legacy so anything we can do to pass on a parents good teachings and upbringing will do that parent proud.

This pain is sadly the cost of loving someone greatly.

I was consoled at the loss of my mother in knowing she was free at last of any of lifes pains or suffering, and that she is loved beyond the grave by those she loved.

·
Super Moderator
6,271 Posts
So sorry to hear this Nate. Sounds like you had an excellent relationship with him. I'm sure you're thankful for that. It means you have lots of good memories that may help you through this very tough time. I'm glad you have close family to support and to support you. The closer we are the more it hurts. I pray that you find peace in your faith that will help you through this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
sorry for your loss nate6966....
i believe we go to a better place when we pass on.
kinda helps me deal with those kinds of situations.
cherish the memories!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
So sorry Nate. If you need anything, let me know. Just say the word.

I lost my dad and my grandfather within 6 mo of each other a couple years ago. It's tough man. Been there. I miss my old man and think of him daily. Hang tough brother. Don't be afraid of the tears that need to flow.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. When it's unexpected it hurts. I was lucky when it happened to me with my Dad and Mom. They were in nursing homes and it was expected and a relief from misery. I feel for you.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your kind words throughout today. It's nice, how these comments have been growing today, and I was able to open up the site when I needed it. You guys are great.
The sharing of those that have lost parents before has also been very helpful. To know the will be light at the end of the tunnel and there will be a day ahead where things will feel a bit more normal is comforting.
Have a good night, and God bless.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nate, so sorry for your loss. Words can't describe the hurt your feeling now. I lost my Dad in 04 and I still miss him. Time makes the hurting lessen, but the fond memories I have of my Dad keeps me going on in life. My faith in, and knowing I'll one day meet up with him drives me to continue to be true to my religion. Prayers will be sent your way from my family today, and our congregation when we have our services on Sunday. God bless you and your family in this time of need.

Jim

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Nate, I'm so very sad to read this. You are right, you lost him much too soon.
But I'm confident that he knew that his son loved him, and that might be the only thing we give that is truly lasting.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. If there is any help that can be provided long distance, or if a friendly ear can somehow be of use, please just ask.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Nate, so sorry for your loss, brother. Praying for peace for your family during this tough & trying time.
Stay strong, brother.

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
A sad moment when you lose a parent.
Someone who has been there for you forever and now is not there leaves a large void.
Pain and confusion, Cherish the good memories.
My condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Condolences to you and your family. May you have the emotional strength to uphold all those dear to you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. Prayers and condolences to the family. I lost my dad in '11 and I really miss him. Cherish the memories and live off the lessons as they will always be with you!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts