Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,778 Posts
Since u didnt mention it…assuming color isn’t important…or is it chrome…good luck

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
1300 side cover is different than a 1800 and won't fit.

Reactions: rangers4u and TennX

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
went for a ride got home right side cover missing . Any one have one for 2002 1800 R ? Looking to buy.

You may want to post in the "Wanted to buy" section and also check fleabay.

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
went for a ride got home right side cover missing . Any one have one for 2002 1800 R ? Looking to buy.
When you find one, replace the grommets too. They got hard and don't grip the little tabs like they used to.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
When you find one, replace the grommets too. They got hard and don't grip the little tabs like they used to.
👍 Yup, good advise and also put a lite coat of silicone lube on them.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
In addition to the new grommets, I epoxied a bent washer to the inside of the cover. I then put a series of zipties (2) to zip tie it to the frame. Now if either falls off, it will just flap. It's on the end closest to the rear of the bike. I made sure the washer wouldn't hit anything, and made sure the zip ties were long enough to allow me to remove the cover when I need to work on the bike. It is also short enough that it wont rest on the exhaust on the throttle side.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
I almost lost my side cover yesterday. If it wasn't for me noticing that it was hanging on only one pin while the police was writing me a ticket for a California Stop I am sure I would have lost it.
I guess not losing the cover pays for buying and painting a new one.
:sneaky: 😇 :unsure: :cool::oops:

(To be fair, there was not much 'stop' in my California Stop).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I almost lost my side cover yesterday. If it wasn't for me noticing that it was hanging on only one pin while the police was writing me a ticket for a California Stop I am sure I would have lost it.
I guess not losing the cover pays for buying and painting a new one.
:sneaky: 😇 :unsure: :cool::oops:

(To be fair, there was not much 'stop' in my California Stop).
Many drivers around here don't even touch their brakes at stop signs or lights!

Reactions: henkvdb
1 - 13 of 13 Posts