Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was excited when i got home and saw the package on the door, my SPyKer mod had arrived. I tell you what i am very happy with the quality and his product. I tell you this is one of the most bang for your bucks. It gave me the extra airflow i need and looks great. I like the fact i can change out the grills for a new look. The led flame kit is impressive too. Looks like a fire is going on behind the flame grill. Just wanted to say very nice product and i'm very pleased. Thanks Sean, not that he needs a plug but i'm going to put it up anyway, thanks alot. www.whypush.com

at night with the flame led kit

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed it does:agree:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Just saw Glurum's bike in person. This is the first time I've got a chance to see the SPyKER mod in person with the Stumple lights. HOLY COW that's freakin' sweet. The lights flicker like a flame behind the intake grill. Now that is way up there on the cool factor. Nice work.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks cool, except for...

Hey really cool night pic...

However...the day look...just not doing it for me... something about the black tennis shoes and the knees down being off center from the air flow ... LOL... just messing with ya...

So how does this affect the air flow... noticeable diff ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I did my spkyer mod a few months ago but didn't put the lights behind it because I'm just ignorant I guess. That looks great. Guess I will be ordering the lights and wiring. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

However...the day look...just not doing it for me... something about the black tennis shoes and the knees down being off center from the air flow ... LOL... just messing with ya...

Sorry the shoes have guns on them so they are cool too. I just put on those hardkrome classics and i was running a little rich. With the mod it gave me the airflow i need to lean it out. Runs great without a powercommander. I could definately tell a difference. Overall it was a very good experience. I had a lot of questions about the mod and he answered them all. I went ahead and ordered the black mesh and 5 other grills so i can change it up if i want.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, the mod looks great!!

But, my question is........I have stock pipes, stock air box, nothing mechanically has been changed.....if I do this mod to get more air, do I have to do any other mods? I like the look and have looked at the grills before but have been hesitant because I don't want it to lead to other required mods. Plus, I'm kinda mechanically challenged.......or, really scared to modify it mechanically for fear that I'll mess something up and it'll cost me more money.

Thanks in advance and sorry again, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

Appreciate the fact that he had clothes on at all!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I like it - now she looks like a big ol' steam powered locomotive!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, the mod looks great!!

But, my question is........I have stock pipes, stock air box, nothing mechanically has been changed.....if I do this mod to get more air, do I have to do any other mods? I like the look and have looked at the grills before but have been hesitant because I don't want it to lead to other required mods. Plus, I'm kinda mechanically challenged.......or, really scared to modify it mechanically for fear that I'll mess something up and it'll cost me more money.

Thanks in advance and sorry again, I don't mean to hijack this thread.
If you're running everythine else stock, all you should need to to is turn the A/F screw out a little. Or we could put a clear blockoff plate behind it and nothing would change at all, then you could remove the plate when you are ready to try the Scar mod on the carb. Shimming the needle (scar mod) is actually very simple. I can use tools, but somebody better tell me what to do. :)

Sean

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm running the block off plate on mine because I had trouble dialing in the carb. Still looks great and runs good also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts