Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
13,620 Posts
Patience? Patience my ASS! I'm gonna KILL something! LOL

· Registered
13,620 Posts
My kidneys and general stiffness tell me when to stop.

Reactions: Merry Prankster

· Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1800S
62 Posts
So this and Tombstone123's post got me to wondering several things, but first how many miles before the light comes on for you I just did this and got 130 miles, but I also had the tank pretty full, filled it with a small electric pump that flows about 3 gal per minute so I was able to fill it to the brim without worry about overflow. Second about how far can it go after the light comes on? and finally are all the tanks on all 1800's 5.3 gal?

· Registered
14,793 Posts
Second about how far can it go after the light comes on? and finally are all the tanks on all 1800's 5.3 gal?
2005 C/F 2nd gen 1800 better fuel mileage
Owners manual: 4.76 US gal (18.0 L)
When this indicator comes on while riding, fuel reserved in the tank is about 0.79 US gal (3.0L)

I believe the first Gen 1800C has a smaller fuel tank.

· Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
432 Posts
2007 1800N = 5.3 gallon tank. No idea when the fuel light comes on (in fact, I just realized there was one; I've been forming up at 100mi to be safe). I'm going to guess the "reserve" after the fuel light comes on is just under a gallon like previous models.
I may have to test whether or not my fuel light comes on by riding it to 120'ish miles. After that I'll go in circles in the gas station parking lot just in case the light is broken.

· Registered
13,620 Posts
2005 C/F 2nd gen 1800 better fuel mileage
Owners manual: 4.76 US gal (18.0 L)
When this indicator comes on while riding, fuel reserved in the tank is about 0.79 US gal (3.0L)

I believe the first Gen 1800C has a smaller fuel tank.
02-03 1800 C is 4.49 Gal. US.

· Registered
13,620 Posts
2007 1800N = 5.3 gallon tank. No idea when the fuel light comes on (in fact, I just realized there was one; I've been forming up at 100mi to be safe). I'm going to guess the "reserve" after the fuel light comes on is just under a gallon like previous models.
I may have to test whether or not my fuel light comes on by riding it to 120'ish miles. After that I'll go in circles in the gas station parking lot just in case the light is broken.
Going in circles will not empty the tank, as the fuel pickup will have fuel in the tank 'leaning' away from it, prematurely starving it.

Reactions: Merry Prankster

· Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
432 Posts
Going in circles will not empty the tank, as the fuel pickup will have fuel in the tank 'leaning' away from it, prematurely starving it.
I wasn't really going to do that. Lol. But I don't want to be too far from a gas station if I run out of gas and the light never came on.

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,914 Posts
I wasn't really going to do that. Lol. But I don't want to be too far from a gas station if I run out of gas and the light never came on.

· Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1800S
62 Posts
I hear you on not wanting to be too far from fuel station. I don't know how long it will go so I have been very conserative. but consider it is about 3/4 of a gallon I guess 25 ish miles is pretty doable. I might have to grab my little gas can put it in the saddle bag or strap it to the luggage rack and take a walk on the wild side.... for science.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts