Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with their low gas warning light? I ran out of gas a few months back and the warning light never came on.
Now its doing it again and I am almost out of gas.
Just curious if the bulb needs replaced?

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Supposed to come on when you have about 1 gallon left. It is thermistor operated so if it splashed with gas that may cool it enough to not light the bulb. Not coming on seems to happen once in a while for me- that is why I use the odo for a gas gauge. 99% on the bulb being fine.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
most of the time the failure of the fuel lamp is do to the connector under the gas tank. cheap connectors... or someone did NOT plug it in when they put the tank back on... second most cause...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Service --F*** Up

Yup ran out of gas about a mile and half outside Devils Lake ND ,had to push the bike and minimate camper into town for a fill up. Cause -- 3 days befoe had had the bike in for services and the tank had been pulled to due the valve check/adjustment. The SOB mechanic never reconnected the sensor wires. Pi$$ed me right off. One the good side when I got home the dealer did compensate me for the time and effort I put into it!!

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Yup ran out of gas about a mile and half outside Devils Lake ND ,had to push the bike and minimate camper into town for a fill up. Cause -- 3 days befoe had had the bike in for services and the tank had been pulled to due the valve check/adjustment. The SOB mechanic never reconnected the sensor wires. Pi$$ed me right off. One the good side when I got home the dealer did compensate me for the time and effort I put into it!!
Yet another good reason to use the odometer as your fuel guage. These things are WAY to heavy to push. Alos keep 2L fuel in the saddlebags and if towing a 2 gallon can in the trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts