Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my X now for about 3 weeks now with 225 miles on the clock and when I checked the oil it was not registering on the dip stick. :( I added a little over a quart and it just reached the bottom of the stick.

Called Honda on Monday and they said don't ride it, we will asign a case # and have a tech call you. Called the dealer on Tues. and they said bring it on down & we will take a look, but if the oil light didn't come on you probably didn't do any damage. :roll: The only problem is that the dealer I bought it from is 50 miles away and I will have to borrow a trailer & shoot a whole Saturday. I have a local dealer but they don't want to help me with a potential problem caused by another dealer.

Am I out of line to demand a free oil change and an extended warranty?
Is there any chance that I have caused any excessive wear durring that first 225 miles?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nathan61999 said:
You say "continues". Did you check the oil before and it was low?
I posted earlier when I noticed the low oil and got a couple of responses about similar experiences with bikes new from the dealer. I also posted my concern with how noisy the engine is. Coming from a 750 ACE this thing makes a lot more engine noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts