Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
We have just completed an HD Lower fairing install on a VTX1800. We used a Harley crashbar, customized to fit a vtx with custom brackets, and then customized the lowers to fit. We also had to mod the front turn signals by chopping them down and raising them up. Pics below.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Love the way they look. Good job! Tell us how hard was it to mount the Harley crash bar?
:tools:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Love the way they look. Good job! Tell us how hard was it to mount the Harley crash bar?
:tools:
You pretty much need a machine shop like we have to do it...plasma cutter, mills, grinders, drill presses, welders, angle finders, powder coating, chrome, etc. We are full service and may be selling kits if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hd ones look best in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Damn, if they didnt just come Flat-Black Plastic, I'd be looking pretty hard at a set of those.

-Gonz

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
That's what paint is for
Me and paint have an agreement. I don't mess with it, it don't mess with me.

I am looking into maybe seeing how much it would be to have someone squirt them.. but dang, the mod just isn't worth more than $200 to me and thats what they cost pre-paint... I always look at some mod and think "how much would I pay for one? Whats my ceiling?"

Much like the fairing wasn't worth over $500 for me.. Got one used for $150 Shipped, $230 total investment (was already painted Gloss Black).

Pipes werent worth over $400 to me.. Got a brand new set on clearance for $313 Shipped.

Probably wont get a set of these used, but... They just arent worth more than a couple hundred bucks to me for two molded pieces of plastic.

If they were around $150 with the storage compartments, and squirting them was around $100... I'd probably talk myself into it. But they aren't $150 and squirting them, I imagine, will cost more than a hundred bucks.

'Cest La Vie

-Gonz

·
Registered
657 Posts
HD Lowers

You pretty much need a machine shop like we have to do it...plasma cutter, mills, grinders, drill presses, welders, angle finders, powder coating, chrome, etc. We are full service and may be selling kits if anyone is interested.
Totally agree HD do look the best :agree:
I agree the HD look better, but I do not have a machine shop. I like a challenge but that is out of my league. My hat is off to you.:bowdown:

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
The MC Enterprises bars have that forward sweep at the bottom and are made for our bikes. Bolt right on. Strong too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a jagbag in those posts. nojoke

41 - 51 of 51 Posts