Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When viewing the front of my exceptionally clean and shiny X from dead on, the first thing that you notice is the nasty, dull underside of the lower triple tree. I'm constantly cleaning rust out of this area.

Anybody have a solution for this besides the wiseazz response of "look from another angle"?

Has anybody painted theirs? Does anyone sell chrome for this area? It's like a beautiful woman with yeller teeth!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I did sent one set for chroming to RC Chroming. They came nicely chrome but the underside was chromed but not polished first. I don't know if polishing the underside is part of the chroming process itself or you have to order that kind of work as a separate process.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I've got a Headwinds light bar that bolts directly to the bottom & cleans up that area nicely............................................ :D Rod

·
Registered
4,724 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
DonvtxC said:
That's a nice looking piece, but it's made for the 1800. The OP has a 1300; will it fit?
If you'll take a look at the bike in the pics, it's a 1300 with that plate mounted. So I'd say it fits. :)

Nice piece!

Personally, the last time I had the front end apart, I just painted the lower triple tree. Honda seems to have come up sort on paint on it, and it looks like crap. A little (silver) spray paint, and mine looks just fine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I too felt Honda fell short with a couple of things on the VTX.
1st on this list I would put that UGLY tank seam (which I have since eliminated)
2nd would be the lower triple tree. Now I will be honest I did not even notice this until I added my front fairing. Now there is this "GAP" which seems to spot light the lower tree, horn, radiator, and frame.
The one joy to all this is...

Coming up with the next mod to help eliminate the above mentioned..... LOL

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
topspin43 said:
When viewing the front of my exceptionally clean and shiny X from dead on, the first thing that you notice is the nasty, dull underside of the lower triple tree. I'm constantly cleaning rust out of this area.

Anybody have a solution for this besides the wiseazz response of "look from another angle"?

Has anybody painted theirs? Does anyone sell chrome for this area? It's like a beautiful woman with yeller teeth!
hey topspin, i made this one about 2 yrs ago out of polished stainless steel. 1/8" aluminum would work also. all i did was take a piece of card, like the back of a legal pad and made it to fit and transfered it to the metal. pretty easy realy and it looks as good as the day i made it. you can also make a matching radiator "crown" out of the same material. 8)if anyone wants to do this PM me for more details.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
buttnekkid said:
I think thats an 1800, it has dual front calipers :?:

Yep & also notice the front fender mount,yep 1800.............................................. :D Rod

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thorshammer said:
topspin43 said:

hey topspin, i made this one about 2 yrs ago out of polished stainless steel. 1/8" aluminum would work also. all i did was take a piece of card, like the back of a legal pad and made it to fit and transfered it to the metal. pretty easy realy and it looks as good as the day i made it. you can also make a matching radiator "crown" out of the same material. 8)if anyone wants to do this PM me for more details.
PM sent. I just can't pull the trigger on any Kewlmetal or Kury parts. Their prices have the same effect on me as the stock seat.
Tony

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
topspin43 said:
thorshammer said:
topspin43 said:

PM sent. I just can't pull the trigger on any Kewlmetal or Kury parts. Their prices have the same effect on me as the stock seat.
Tony
Just tho't I'd mention thorshammer's puter crashed yesterday and he won't have it fixed until the middle of next week, so stay tuned. 8)

Biddy

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Biddy said:
topspin43 said:
thorshammer said:
topspin43 said:

Tony
Just tho't I'd mention thorshammer's puter crashed yesterday and he won't have it fixed until the middle of next week, so stay tuned. 8)

Biddy
I put voodoo on it and it went down for the count :)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Bigdog 1 said:
Biddy said:
topspin43 said:
thorshammer said:
topspin43 said:

Tony

Biddy

I bet I know who'll get his repair bill too.

Biddy

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Bigdog 1 said:
Biddy said:
topspin43 said:
thorshammer said:
topspin43 said:

Tony

Biddy
darn bigdork, aah.. i meen bigdog, i though we wuz pals!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts