Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I joined VTXOA in 2009, when I was trying to decide between a VTX and an M109R. I ended up buying the M109R then, and kept it until 2016. I sold the M109R and took 2 1/2 years off of riding. During that time, I would occasionally see what was on the market, check some forums (including this one), and almost bought a bike a few times. I kept being drawn to the VTX 1800N. Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased a 2005 VTX1800N3 with 24,000 miles. It had a quick detatch fairing (I think it was Memphis Shades) and some saddlemen leather bags, but I decided to remove them.

I am in Wooster, Ohio.

I look forward to many fun years and miles with the VTX.

Russell

·
Registered
9,284 Posts
there are a few.. VTX Meet and Greet in the South East and East Ohio

you just missed the Canton Ohio Meet a few weeks ago.

there is one this Fall.. near Zanesville Ohio.. just and FYI...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have a backseat ordered. The seat is the next order of business. Any suggestions? Do seats for the 1800r or 1800s fit the N? I haven't researched it yet.

Only the driver seat interchange between the N an R/S. The passenger seat is different. The Ultimate is the most comfortable seat IMO especially for long distance riding. I have use a Corbin Solo with a driver backrest on mine.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky. Beautiful bike. I actually worked in Wooster, for 2 Summers, when I was in college. I was one of the original crew that opened the first Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant in Wooster.
Safe Riding.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
The M109R is one of the few cruisers that will stomp the VTX 1800 but then again, the 109 is not really a cruiser. You'll find the VTX much more comfortable for putting in miles with plenty of grunt. You found a beauty there

·
Super Moderator
6,272 Posts
Welcome to the board Russell. You are right, you should be able to enjoy that great looking N for many years to come. Congrats!

Ride Safe

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy the Ride, Here on the Forum and on the Road. Love the look of the "N."

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Welcome from the inland northwest!
You're going to love the 1800N!
When I bought my 1800F, the three bikes I was searching for deals on were the 1800N,1800F, and the M109R. I've wondered how the Suzuki compares. Maybe give your own unbiased opinion after a few long rides on that Neo?
Glad to have ya on the forum! Let us know if you have questions. The search feature will help find all sorts of information, plus check out http://tech.bareasschoppers.com for all sorts of excellent tech write ups with pictures for maintaining your new to you bike.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
All,
I joined VTXOA in 2009, when I was trying to decide between a VTX and an M109R. I ended up buying the M109R then, and kept it until 2016. I sold the M109R and took 2 1/2 years off of riding. During that time, I would occasionally see what was on the market, check some forums (including this one), and almost bought a bike a few times. I kept being drawn to the VTX 1800N. Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased a 2005 VTX1800N3 with 24,000 miles. It had a quick detatch fairing (I think it was Memphis Shades) and some saddlemen leather bags, but I decided to remove them.

I am in Wooster, Ohio.

I look forward to many fun years and miles with the VTX.

Russell

Good looking motorcycle. Welcome from the Dallas, Texas, crazy place. Formerly from Williamsburg, Ohio
Glad you got back into riding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yeah, it is a definite step down in power, but I am finding the VTX has plenty. I do find the riding position more comfortable on the X. Went from liter sport bikes to the 9 now to the VTX. The 9 served is purpose as a transition into cruisers. Not downing the 9, as it was a blast, just different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome. From the Netherlands.

I have the same bike. And same colour but the n2.

Enjoy your ride.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
Thanks jellerolandboot. I would love to see some more pictures of your N with the batwing. Mine came with a black Memphis Shade Batwing, but I don't like how it looked on the bike. I am leaning toward selling it, but would love to see what a color matched fairing looks like on an orange 1800N.

Russell

·
Registered
231 Posts
I for one would be very interested in a comparison write up!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts