Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Mississippi/Louisiana copy of Scenic Road Trips from Mad Maps.com. Is anyone familiar with it? I looks like it may be helpful for coming up with some meet and greet routes or weekend rides.
http://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/products/view/1007/

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mulla looks like you get to plan a Meet and Greet. I've never ordered any maps from Madmaps, but I have heard they are real handy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks like a good map

See that is why this site is sooooo goooood. Just by reading someone else's post allowed me to learn something.
The map of La/Ms is a great idea. I live in La and my girlfriend is from Ms, we make several trips a year to visit her family, now that I have ordered a new map, it will come in handy.

Cruzzer

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know some people may find no use or interest for these maps. I'm born and raised in Louisiana, but whenever I take a local trip as a "tourist" I always learn something about this state that I have never known. Funny thing is, I never cared much for history while in school but I find myself drawn to it as I get older. It is easy to overlook some of the special things these two states has to offer. We are loaded with history and some very scenic places which would make some good riding.
Anyone ever rode through St. Francisville to Natchez? That is some beautiful country.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
places to visit

Years ago when they came out with the book on one tank trips, we were so excited and got it the day it came out. Once we got the book and started reading it we realized we had already been to all the places that were listed. I sat down and wrote out a list and sent it in to Chanel 4. The next year when they printed the book again it had several of the places that I had sent in.
Moral to the story
When you find a great place tell everyone so we can all enjoy it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts