Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O K kids, here it is again. Remember last year we was rained out......http://www.madisonribberfest.com/tickets.htm
Madison Ribberfest and blues

The date is August 17/18, I'm getting preliminary plans together for a ride Sat August 18...Lotsa bar b que and blues...Charlie Musslewhite plays at 9:00 till 11:00 that night. All my blues buddies know that he received two awards this year for song of the year etc etc. I will be there rain or shine.
Other bands preceded him

Fri night is Elvin Bishop, 9 till 11 (and other bands beforehand) Dave and I are going.......but I'm trying to contact Matt and K C about overnight camping and showers for our out of towners for Fri night...mebbe we could have a cook out........just say please to ole tugboat and K C( might have to sleep with Lizzie tho)

Like I say, I'm workin on it...but I will be going up to Madison Saturday August 18 for bar b que and Blues..........Y'all come on along, strap a lawn chair to the scooter and lets boogie......................

More to follow......like details and stuff, LOL, I love stuff!

Matchstick/Cottonbutt, we ain't seen ya's all summer, Ka'mon.

Weedly, C D Dave, Termite, Rodney, The I S P Hoovers, mark and bride and my buddies out in Ferdinan, Wino and Moose, Y'all Ka'mon

Shoot, blues and bar b que on the river...priceless

Y'all up north ain't got no reason to not come on down, why I'll be up there wekend after laborday for the midwest figure 8 championship at Speedrome in Indy We could have a get together there!
Yeah, heckeva an idea Racer!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm putting together a nice ride up to Madison for Sat. Lets meet at the DQ at Highlander Point. Time will follow.
Racer says buying your tickets early cost $5 more than at the door price, but you get $10 in food tickets.

Hope it don't [email protected]#n this year.

We got lots of room for campers, but the facilities are primitive. Hopefully by next summer we will have the shower and restroom ready.

·
Registered
349 Posts
racer04 said:
O K kids, here it is again. Remember last year we was rained out......http://www.madisonribberfest.com/tickets.htm
Madison Ribberfest and blues

The date is August 17/18, I'm getting preliminary plans together for a ride Sat August 18...Lotsa bar b que and blues...Charlie Musslewhite plays at 9:00 till 11:00 that night. All my blues buddies know that he received two awards this year for song of the year etc etc. I will be there rain or shine.
Other bands preceded him

Fri night is Elvin Bishop, 9 till 11 (and other bands beforehand) Dave and I are going.......but I'm trying to contact Matt and K C about overnight camping and showers for our out of towners for Fri night...mebbe we could have a cook out........just say please to ole tugboat and K C( might have to sleep with Lizzie tho)

Like I say, I'm workin on it...but I will be going up to Madison Saturday August 18 for bar b que and Blues..........Y'all come on along, strap a lawn chair to the scooter and lets boogie......................

More to follow......like details and stuff, LOL, I love stuff!

Matchstick/Cottonbutt, we ain't seen ya's all summer, Ka'mon.

Weedly, C D Dave, Termite, Rodney, The I S P Hoovers, mark and bride and my buddies out in Ferdinan, Wino and Moose, Y'all Ka'mon

Shoot, blues and bar b que on the river...priceless

Y'all up north ain't got no reason to not come on down, why I'll be up there wekend after laborday for the midwest figure 8 championship at Speedrome in Indy We could have a get together there!
Yeah, heckeva an idea Racer!!

Dang this sounds like fun :shock:.

I went to Madison this past weekend, and it was real nice. 1st time for me. My wife said she wants to go back, so maybe this will work.....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tis fun, bring ya selves on, more details to follow

meeting place, time etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its so funny hearing you guys talk about how nice Madison is. I guess Im just use to it..........

Anyway, Let me know when you guys plan on being here, I can save you some parking spots, it gets really crowded down here when events like this are going on. Im only 2 blocks from the action so you wont have to walk so far

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Thanks for the offer, CrdeyzDad! I am sure some of us will take you up on that offer!

Madison is a beautiful area! Hubby and I ride there often.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cadeyz,

My girlfriend and I are planning on riding up and would love to take you up on your parking offer. How can we get ahold of you day of? Or if you pm me an address, my handy gps will get me there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm planning on parking there too. But I do not know how many will be in our group. I didn't want to commit and find out we have , say , 18 bikes or so!

I know Dave and Matt and Karen are goin That's 4 bikes.(Matt and K C ride two up.)

C G , you and too tall goin?

And where shall we meet?

Hmmmmm, I'm workin on that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Im gonna save as many spots as I can, its a public street so there are plenty, I just have to find stuff to put out there so others dont park here. Im sure I could save spots for 10 to 12 pretty easily. PM me and I'll get you the directions

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I waiting to see a weather report for this weekend. This event takes place outdoord (duhhhh) , so if it's going to be very hot (90's) we'll wait to ride up till evening. We'll meet at the waffle steak in New albany, and procede to Madison from there. Matt will lead us up some beautiful back roads.I'm guessing we'll meet at the latest 5:00 P M. Parking has been offered by a rider in Madison, so lets get ready.

Offical departure time by friday afternoon at the latest.

·
Registered
129 Posts
racer04 said:
I waiting to see a weather report for this weekend. This event takes place outdoord (duhhhh) , so if it's going to be very hot (90's) we'll wait to ride up till evening. We'll meet at the waffle steak in New albany, and procede to Madison from there. Matt will lead us up some beautiful back roads.I'm guessing we'll meet at the latest 5:00 P M. Parking has been offered by a rider in Madison, so lets get ready.

Offical departure time by friday afternoon at the latest.
Friday, 93 high 64 low, partly cloudy and a 20% chance of rain
Saturday, 84 high 64 low, partly cloudy and a 10% chance of rain
Sunday, 85 high 69 low, 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O K, Looks like the temp might give us a break. So lets meet at waffle steak in New Albany at 5:00 saturday afternoon. We'll have a nice easy ride thru the country to Madison and park in a "saved" area, walk a block or two to the get together. Don't forget to carry some kinda lil folding chair . We'll sit on the big lawn and hear some really great blues..................see ya!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey guys, I forgot they moved the ribberfest a couple of years ago when they expanded the parking lot down by the ball field. Soooo, I'm actually 3 blocks away, not 2. Tonight you may find parking a little closer but I'll save you some spots just in case. And I'll leave you some spots out here tomorrow too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well, how was Ribberfest?
:eat2: :eat2: :eat2: :eat2: :eat2: :eat2:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was a great time. Good food, outstanding music, beautiful women...and a nice ride. Met new friends was good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went Saturday morning. Had a lot of fun. Got TONS of free food as the pros got their dishes ready for judging and had a lot of food left over. Bought a crap ton of bbq sauce (thank god for saddlebags).

Parked out in front of your house Cadeyz.. thanks man.

PS. Did you sell your 1300 and get an 1800?

·
Registered
129 Posts
sawolf said:
I went Saturday morning. Had a lot of fun. Got TONS of free food as the pros got their dishes ready for judging and had a lot of food left over. Bought a crap ton of bbq sauce (thank god for saddlebags).

Parked out in front of your house Cadeyz.. thanks man.

PS. Did you sell your 1300 and get an 1800?
Actually I never had a 1300, Ive had my 1800 for about 3 months now.

Was that your Black VTX with the Orange marbley type graphics, it looked friggin awesome!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
That was it. Thanks for the props. That paint job was only $950 by Bob Taylor of Taylor's House of Color in Louisville. Kind of wish I had done a red theme (U of L) instead of orange but oh well, my bike will be sitting next to a $21,000 harley and when people walk by they don't even see the harley. Infuriates my father ;)

Thanks again for letting us park there. Your door was open when we were leaving so I was gunna knock but didn't want to intrude. We'll definately be there next year as well, all had a great time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
950?!?!?!?!?!?! Thats a great deal!! I may have to look him up, Im not exactly pleased with my paint, want something black and like a graphite color, not sure what though. Did he paint your whole bike or just lay the graohics over the stock paint?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts