Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pair of these late in the riding season and installed them. I have just over 8K miles on bike. Change oil and filter at appox. 500 miles (yeah I know I'm crazy) since day one. Thats appox. 15-16 changes. Well was dying to see what if anything was on the magnetic tips after I put 400 miles on her...THEY WORK. The same stuff you see on the final drive magnetic plug is what I found on these tips. For this reason I will never be convinced to go 4000mi btw. oil changes nor will I ever be convinced to go with synthetic oil because of the cost of frequent change-outs. IMHO. Bout time Spring got here. Ride safe. Gary

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
That is a hell of a waste of oil and your not saving wear on the engine with 500 mile oil changes. You are causing more wear by changing every 500. That is fact . You could see it if you had samples sent to a lab. Wear metals spike on the graph every oil change no matter what kind of oil you use.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Plus the stuff that catches on the drain plug would be filtered by the filter. After all the oil from the pan goes to the filter first and then to the engine.

H

·
0 Posts
Did you check to see if your stock plug was magnetized?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts