Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a mis-print on my maintenance schedule? It reads to inspect the bike at 600 miles, then the next time isn't till 4000 miles. I keep reading on this forum where people are changing the oil at 600, and again at 1200 miles. Is there a specific reason for this, or is it only to switch to synthetic oil? :? I want to switch to synthetic at my next change, but thought that wouldn't be necessary till at 3000 miles (normal oil change frequency for me) Please enlighten me Obi-Wans of the X :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's right. 4000 miles is the next service. http://vtx1300tips.com/vtx_1300_maintenance_schedule.htm

If you've already changed your oil at 600 miles, I'd keep what's in it until the 4000 mile service. Then go to synthetic. I'm pretty sure that's what I did. If you haven't done your 600 mile service, I'd put it in then.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I thought maybe there was an update to the schedule that I was missing. I've already done the 600 mile maintenance, so I'll wait for the 4000 miler for the synthetic. ( I used the new Mobil Clean 5000 Dino-oil, 10W-40, the only weight in that class w/out the energy conserving crap in it. $2.09 a qt. here)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts