Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with that?
I see new faces here and new posts from time to time but where is the excitement like there use to be?
Life does go on but come on, My bike has been gone for just over 12 months and I still come here to keep up with you guys.
To The old VTX board members check in and let us know how you are doing and what's up. Inquiring minds want to know.

So Lets have a Roll Call Check in.

TASSY5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Present and accounted for.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old is Old Friends and old members which I am sure come here from time to time but never drop a line to say hello. , Also meaning people that know me and have ridden with me.
also to the guys that we dont hear from much anymore Bike riding or not.
I ran into Daryl and Bonnie the other night and it was really nice seeing some faces from the VTXOA La. Chapter. And Since I have been bike shopping online and in my head to what I want. I have been hanging around the VTXOA for the last month. Not sure whaqt I am buying yet but it is coming and I narrowed it down to either the 09 HD Street Glide OR Believe it or not?? (another VTX to mod out like last time but in a different manor.) And If I can get a fire lit under Bare, maybe I can get him to go ahead and build his bike.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey Sean, how's it going? Holidays have kept me pretty busy - shopping or working overtime to pay for shopping. I think we lost some people when the board changed over. Quite a few former "regulars" have disappeared. Mostly, I've been riding every chance I get. 2008 included a ride in April to North Carolina, a ride in June to Yellowstone, and a ride in October back to North Carolina. Planning stage right now for a trip in late January to Key West. Real glad to hear you're shopping for a new ride. I've talked to Mike a few times - almost had him convinced to join in the October ride to NC, but he's been trying to get some business issues ironed out and not taking any time off. We've had a couple of VTXOA monthly get-togethers in the past few months and I think we have another scheduled for the end of January - I think the last Sunday or something like that. Good to hear from you. Take care. John.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'm still here lurking, but not posting much. I hope everyone has had a good holiday season. Maybe the weather will be nice in the coming weeks to get out and ride a little.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
:doorag:Guilty as charged! Not so loud Eazy-E!
Hey sean, way to shake the trees!
As stated, holidays have folks busy in their own little world, then there the lovely weather we've been having, then there are those like myself who engage in additional activities during the winter (hunting), and then hell I don't know!:dontknow:It's all excuses!;)
Both of my bikes are still loaded in the trailer to make room in the shop for the family Christmas party a couple weeks ago. I need to replace the clutch on the X and the fork springs too! I'll probably try to plan those in January to be ready for better weather.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, Do ya'll need a ******* to come in here and stir the the pot a little?
How ya'll been doing, As for me , I had a little mishap on our yearly Thanksgiving Turkey Run to Nashville on the Natchez Trace. We had a 6 point that wanted to join in with us. He crossed in front of me and hit the guy riding on my right front and totalled out his bike, this caused him to be knocked back in front of me and I also hit him causing me to go down and sliding 296 feet and into the other lane. Neither of us were hurt and my bike is currently in the shop getting a new crash bar , floorboards ,footpegs and saddlebags. Not bad at all for hitting a deer. I was able to pick my bike up, bend the crashbar back off the floorboards and continue on the trip. Guess you could say I won that one but I don't care to play that game anymore.
Anyways , Glad to talk to everyone again, and I do plan on making the Jan. M&G

Later

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see you all coming out and posting. I remember when this board really moved. Snakebite, Glad t see you are doing ok from that crash.
Paul, Good to see you still around also.

Where is the rest of the La. Crew??? I know there are more of you out there still.

Like Zeeman said time to shake the trees. :agree:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Well, Do ya'll need a ******* to come in here and stir the the pot a little?
How ya'll been doing, As for me , I had a little mishap on our yearly Thanksgiving Turkey Run to Nashville on the Natchez Trace. We had a 6 point that wanted to join in with us. He crossed in front of me and hit the guy riding on my right front and totalled out his bike, this caused him to be knocked back in front of me and I also hit him causing me to go down and sliding 296 feet and into the other lane.
Anyways , Glad to talk to everyone again, and I do plan on making the Jan. M&G

Later
Well well well, look what Sean and the deer brought in.:yikes: Glad your OK bro, that had to be scary. Looking forward to seeing ya soon. I should be at the next meet. If my bikes ready, I may even ride?????????????

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What's up with that?
I see new faces here and new posts from time to time but where is the excitement like there use to be?
Life does go on but come on, My bike has been gone for just over 12 months and I still come here to keep up with you guys.
To The old VTX board members check in and let us know how you are doing and what's up. Inquiring minds want to know.

So Lets have a Roll Call Check in.

TASSY5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Present and accounted for.
Moon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Present and accounted for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im here

Fairly new at this board but I'll bite.

WHAT'S UP! :thumbup:

Have a happy New Year !!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
:shock: Man Joey (Snakebite), I'm glad to hear you're OK! :yikes:
Were you solo or was Deb with you? Good thing the speed limit on the Trace is low or it may have been worse.

Do you need anything? Let me know if you do Bro!:thumbup:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Lurking in the blind

I'll talk after duck season.....
Not really,trying to tie up a few loose ends, planning a trip in the spring and if everything goes right a big trip in the summer. I purchased a BunkHouse camper for the bike. I intend on using it extensively this summer.
Things are just starting to fall back in place after Gustav. I suffered no damage but ended up working a ton. Now I back to a more normal schedule, I intend to start making a few more Bike Nights.

·
Registered
275 Posts
:cry:
:shock: Man Joey (Snakebite), I'm glad to hear you're OK! :yikes:
Were you solo or was Deb with you? Good thing the speed limit on the Trace is low or it may have been worse.

Do you need anything? Let me know if you do Bro!:thumbup:
Naw Zeeman ,I was riding solo. I had left Debbie at the previous fuel stop again :D :D Not really, the turkey run is a man thing so the wifes all stay home.
As far as needing anything, insurance covered it all and then some. I just want my bike out of the shop:cry::cry: Seems my floorboards and handguards are on back order. Other than that , ALLS GOOD !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts