Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much guilt from not getting the radiator project off the ground I decided to pass back the projectt to the chief. Man this has been the ruffest 4 months of my 45yo a$$ I tell ya, with no real end in sight ! Seems a long time Buddy of my 14yo son needs someone to step in and do the right thing. This poor kid has the white trashiest mother I've ever seen. She has had him and her 3 other kids in and out of homeless shelters a few times, rarely been there for the poor kid, just suckyass parenthood to the extreme. So my son stopped hangin around as much last year as one could only guess the kid (Terry) started smoking cig and pot and hangin with the wrong crowd which of course lead to him gettin in a bit of trouble with the law. With no help from his mother though, he decided to take a different path in his first year of high school. He quit all drugs and cigs and went from failing grades and near dropping out last year to virtually straight A's this entire year!! So now (as of a few days ago) his fricken mother decides she's going to move to Arizona and all but tells Terry (just barely 15 mind you) he shouldn';t come with. His 17yo and18yo Bro and sis have dropped out of school, and o'l mother of the year says they can all fend for themselves. Well Bro and Sis have been barely doing it for a few months now but they can't pay the way of little brother too. I tell ya, it's ripped my heart out big time. My 3 bedrrom house doesn't have room for another so I've decided someone has to step in here and do the right thing. So here comes the next project, buildin a 10' by 12' bedroom off the back of the garage. Man I'm already tired and I haven't even started yet! I also seem to be way low on spendable cash here lately with the business remodel and wasn't real tickled about chargin the whole project. I'll be damned if my wife didn't go up to our local Parr lumber store, ask to see the manager, told him the story (ripped his heart out too) and he has vowed to supply most of the lumber and all doors and windows on there dime! Does that rock or what!! I wish you all could have seen that kids face when we told him what we wanted to do for him, he was in udder shock and overwhelmed with gratitude. I think he was also waiting for the bomb to drop, like we going to make him work like a dog or what ever. We said we just wanted him to keep school his top priority, pick up after himself and follow the same loose rule Alex my son has to followand help out a bit here and there. Feels damn good Bro's to do this I Tell ya. Mom who left while Terry was at school yesterday was all too eager to sign over authority that F...G Biotch. Sorry for the way long and a bit too personal post guys and also about the radiator project I never got very far off the ground, maybe next winter I'll get more Motorcycle time ta play, I sure hope so

Take Care Ya'll 8)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Man whor,

You did go, bro. Here's to ya :beer3:

You know they are only that age once, and he is at a very pivital time in his life. Right now is when he will be making the decisions that will effect the rest of his life. You gotta be real proud of yourself for helping to give him the chance to make the right choices.

Radiator projects will come, and go, but what you are doing for that boy will last a lifetime. I would say that this falls under the Mastercard commercial category of "Priceless"

Your reward will be coming. It may not be today, or tommorrow, but someday :wink: :wink:

Way to go

Deepest respect,
TRHOD

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
dude

That is AWESOME of you guys to do that. Should have to be liscensed to be a freakin parent!

If there is anything you guys need that is ava from an ACE store let me know and I will help you out. Thats great you guys did that for him. I can only imagine what would of happened to him if you kept your eyes closed.

email me at work if i can help out at all. [email protected]

·
Registered
873 Posts
The radiator can wait!

H

·
0 Posts
I appreciated the phone call. Its just a radiator on a motorcycle. And not very high up on the list of lifes priorities. You are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Manwhore...you sure have your priorities right...you remind me of my Dad who's been gone since 94

·
Registered
633 Posts
A gratefull/successfull kid will pay you back more in ways than that raditor ever could....Good Luck

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Way to go ManWhor.
Train him up in working on the new scoot, it sounds like a great Father, son and and adopted son project!!!
You go man!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Need help??

Brad,

If you need help building the room, I'm pretty good with a hammer and skill saw. Give me a call I'll help any way I can.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Throw him out on his butt and get back to that rad project, :twisted:

You doing good, he will thank you in many ways for your generosity. :lol:

Be Safe

·
Registered
711 Posts
Shoooot.....Hal is one of those big business men with unlimited resources. He will figure that radiator out. :D :wink: Brad, what you are doing is important to life. Pleasure will come a little later. You are a good man.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hey Brad All I can say is your the Man. You and your Wife have made a big difference in the life of a young individual, not many willing to do what you have done. Your family has given a future to this young man, there is alot to be said for that. Best of luck with your new addition and the building project. look foreward to riding with you again someday.
God Bless you and yours...........

1 - 20 of 31 Posts